Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Round Robin - UP and RUNNING!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/round-robin-up-running-t6017.html)

ccbear66 04-08-2008 03:18 PM

So who finally ends up with the quilt? Are they donated to charity or what?

imaquilter 04-08-2008 03:56 PM

You would get the quilt back that started out with your center block. You could then give it to charity or gift it or keep it. It would be up to you.

Dawn Hendrix 04-08-2008 04:05 PM

This sounds FABULOUS... How fun. Getting to know each other a little bit more. I am in...hope we get 8 more people!

QuiltingTurtle 04-08-2008 04:29 PM

This sounds like so much fun!! I will pm you my info right away.

tlrnhi 04-08-2008 05:36 PM

I"m in!
I'll send you my info.

imaquilter 04-08-2008 07:24 PM

So far we are at 6, including me.

I am going to be working Thursday and Friday at the quilt shop I volunteer at for SHOP HOP (crazy madness - 2000 quilters in 4 days!!!). Then out of town Saturday and Sunday.

So, let's give this until Monday for sign ups and then I'll start compiling the order and lists and contacting everyone.

I will check the board each night just in case anyone has any questions. But I won't get time to do planning or answering everyone til Monday.

This is going to be so much fun! I have never done one either just always wanted to! Yeah!

I thought I would let you all know too (in case you want to do this also) that I am going to be sending along a journal with mine so that each person who adds a border can write something about their part of the quilt or notes to me, add a pic, etc. I am also going to send along a label so that everyone can sign it and I can add it to the back of the quilt. I wouldn't mind making labels for everyone if you want me to send you one. I can embroider them, that will be so cute!!!

tlrnhi 04-08-2008 07:28 PM

I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Shadow Dancer 04-08-2008 08:32 PM

I was in a round robin once, you make your first block and send it to your mailing buddy. You receive your other buddy's first block, make one to compliment it and send it along. At the end you get your block back with all the blocks made for you by the people in the round robin.

Only problem with the one I was in, the blocks all stopped at one person and we never heard from her again... LOL

Have fun with it, they are fun to do. :)

tlrnhi 04-08-2008 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shadow Dancer
I was in a round robin once, you make your first block and send it to your mailing buddy. You receive your other buddy's first block, make one to compliment it and send it along. At the end you get your block back with all the blocks made for you by the people in the round robin.

Only problem with the one I was in, the blocks all stopped at one person and we never heard from her again... LOL

Have fun with it, they are fun to do. :)

That's a horrible thing for a person to do.

sewhappy 04-09-2008 12:31 AM

WOW! Very cool! Had never heard of a round robin before but count me in! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: