Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sapphire 850 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sapphire-850-a-t106154.html)

Pat P 03-08-2011 06:15 PM

The feeddogs on my Sapphire are suppose to automatically drop I think) when I go into FMQ. Mine never have. so I have to manually use the button. But for some reason it gradually creeps back over raising the feeddogs. Has anyone with a Sapphire had this problem. Now the button feels loose and hardly keeps the feeddogs down. Machine was a gift and hate to take it to a local shop that sells them as they look horrified if you want them to service something that wasn't bought there. (Even though I spend money there!)

katier825 03-08-2011 06:18 PM

I have the 830 and have to use the button to lower the feed dogs. Maybe you didn't have the button over all the way? Mine kind of clicks when I slide the button over. If the button is loose, I'd check it out, or at least call and ask them for advice.

litacats 03-08-2011 06:45 PM

tell them it was a gift and could they please look at it. they should be happy you thought of them for the repair work since you are already a returning customer

cmw0829 03-09-2011 10:17 AM

I don't think that the Sapphire line has this capability. I checked the brochure and if it did, it should be listed there, because it's a big deal.

Call a dealer and ask if this is something it should do.

katier825 03-09-2011 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by cmw0829
I don't think that the Sapphire line has this capability. I checked the brochure and if it did, it should be listed there, because it's a big deal.

Call a dealer and ask if this is something it should do.

The feed dogs do drop on the Sapphires, with a button, not automatically.

rb. 03-09-2011 10:42 AM

My 850 doesn't drop automatically, never had a problem, but my button isn't loose. Did you try googling the problem? Sounds like there's a problem between the button and the mechanism that drops the dogs.

rb. 03-09-2011 10:44 AM

Also, they won't pop back up after pushing the button to do so, until you start the machine sewing. IIRC.

pocoellie 03-09-2011 11:18 AM

I don't know anything about the Sapphire, but if you local shop doesn't want to "service" anything that wasn't bought there, I would definitely shop for a friendlier shop and stop buying from the first shop, and after I found the alternate shop, I would go in and tell the old shop that you'll no longer be shopping with them.

Just-Lee 03-09-2011 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by rb.
Also, they won't pop back up after pushing the button to do so, until you start the machine sewing. IIRC.

I have a Viking Emerald 203 and once you manually drop the feed dogs, you have to start sewing again and they will pop up. I think the Sapphire 875 Quilt will do it automatically, but not sure.

peacebypiece 03-09-2011 03:01 PM

I can't imagine a sewing machine dealer not wanting to service a machine they sell. My Viking dealer will service any of my machines, both Viking and Singer. I pay him to do this. That is why the quilt/machine shop maintains a service dept. WE pay for it.
Also, no matter how much you love your machine, if it doesn't work right, it's USELESS. If the dealer ever wants to sell you another machne, he will be sure to keep your present one working/show off his excellent service dept.