Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Seen/Have the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit-Down System? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/seen-have-hq-sweet-sixteen-sit-down-system-t75824.html)

Dix 11-11-2010 07:33 PM

I got to play on one of these in Houston. OMG it was so cool. I loved it, but I am a had quilter and for that price I can have my long arm friend do alot of quilts. So, at my age I just could not justify the price and I do not really have a place to put, but I would love to play on it again.
Also checked the new Janome Horizon, but it really does not do much that my Janome (that I love) can do.

Sadiemae 11-11-2010 07:46 PM

I use a Fusion and I love it!!

scowlkat 11-11-2010 09:51 PM

QuiltingHiker, do you like the Sunshine okay? Was thinking about one and they are made just a couple of hours away from me. Would love the sit down HQ but don't want to wait until I can save up for one!

QuiltingHiker 11-12-2010 12:57 AM

The waiting was my problem, already waited 4 years and then end was just not in site. I just ordered the Sunshine 16 after Quiltfefest here in Jacsonville. It will take 3 months to be delivered. Long wait, seems I am always waiting....

I'll let ya know once I get it and play with it.

Lacelady 11-12-2010 05:21 AM

I played with the prototype in August at the Festival of Quilts in the UK. I succumbed and ordered it, and it just left the UK on its way to me this morning.

I don't have room for a big set up with the long frames etc., so I will have the benefit of the 16in harp, but will still move the quilt under the needle, just as with a domestic machine, except that this machine is mounted on the table so it faces you, rather than being sideways on as per domestic machines are. Another plus over a domestic that might be a little larger than average is that these are true long arms (but the smallest in the range) and can be updated at a later date with a frame etc., and they have the larger bobbins - these hold about 2.5 times more than a domestic machine.

Mine should be her on Tuesday - it's been hard having to wait this long, but I am nearly there now, and I have a lot of Project Linus quilts lined up to practice on.

gaigai 11-12-2010 05:26 AM

I think that's the one Lacelady bought. She's still waiting for it to be delivered.

Mariposa 11-12-2010 05:53 AM

I have an HQ 16, and love it!

sandpat 11-12-2010 05:58 AM

I hate to even sit down to play with one since my willpower isn't very good when it comes to things like this!! LOL!

grammy17 11-12-2010 06:41 AM

Curious. Has anyone made, tried or used/uses the set up you can find online to make the set up that uses your own machine for free motion quilting? www.buildaquiltingframe.com

DJRustic 11-12-2010 06:52 AM

I also have the HQ16 sit down model. I got it last Jan & I have not used it yet. Got it in the Kansas City area. It was such a great price, believe it was $4200. I loved sewing on it at the shop. We were building our log home & just moved in this summer & now have it set up. Just waiting to finish my GD quilt to use it. Donna, The Rustic Quilter