Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Seen/Have the HQ Sweet Sixteen Sit-Down System?

  1. #1
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,481
    My local dealer just got one of these in and I sat down and played on it for a while. You can get extensions for the side of the table if you need more support. It was wonderful. Price is up there though, about $5000.

    You can see it on this website, it's about 2/3 of the way down the page.

    http://www.suzannesquilts.com/handiquilter.asp

  2. #2
    Super Member tuesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Home!.. Why? Where are you?
    Posts
    2,259
    That's pretty cool! I'm still wanting the Fusion or Avante'. Of course by the time I have enough money for it, there will be something else that takes it place.. :lol:

  3. #3
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    That's pretty cool! I'm still wanting the Fusion or Avante'. Of course by the time I have enough money for it, there will be something else that takes it place.. :lol:
    I've had my eye on a new Horizon but I think the HQ may have just taken it's place.

  4. #4
    Super Member purplemem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Misssissippi
    Posts
    3,303
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well, I am definitely dreaming, but the HQ16 Sit-down system is what I want. Are you listening Santa???

    :lol: :lol:

  5. #5
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,204
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    That's pretty cool! I'm still wanting the Fusion or Avante'. Of course by the time I have enough money for it, there will be something else that takes it place.. :lol:
    I am just a pinch away from the Avante.

  6. #6
    QuiltingHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    345
    I wanted an HQ but finally got tired of waiting for what I could not afford. Ended up getting the Sunshine 16. It is a step up for now and I will sell it if I can every afford the bigger fancier machines.

  7. #7
    Super Member purplefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Round Rock,Texas
    Posts
    6,133
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    My local dealer just got one of these in and I sat down and played on it for a while. You can get extensions for the side of the table if you need more support. It was wonderful. Price is up there though, about $5000.

    You can see it on this website, it's about 2/3 of the way down the page.

    http://www.suzannesquilts.com/handiquilter.asp
    I got to use the HQ sitdown system and I really liked it, I was quilting a Project Linus quilt at the Houston Quilt show this year.

  8. #8
    Super Member lalaland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Yakima, WA
    Posts
    2,481
    Quote Originally Posted by purplefiend
    Quote Originally Posted by lalaland
    My local dealer just got one of these in and I sat down and played on it for a while. You can get extensions for the side of the table if you need more support. It was wonderful. Price is up there though, about $5000.

    You can see it on this website, it's about 2/3 of the way down the page.

    http://www.suzannesquilts.com/handiquilter.asp
    I got to use the HQ sitdown system and I really liked it, I was quilting a Project Linus quilt at the Houston Quilt show this year.
    The HQ my dealer has came from the Houston Quilt show, it's a little cheaper because it was a demo setup, about $500 off, and he's going to pay for the shipping to his shop if you buy one.

  9. #9
    Super Member tuesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Home!.. Why? Where are you?
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesy
    That's pretty cool! I'm still wanting the Fusion or Avante'. Of course by the time I have enough money for it, there will be something else that takes it place.. :lol:
    I am just a pinch away from the Avante.
    How awesome!! You'll have to tell us when you get it and show pictures!! I love watching the videos!

  10. #10
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,204
    lol, don't hold your breath, tuesy. A pinch for me might be 6 months ;-)

    I found a local dealer that will let me practice for free on donation quilts. How cool is that?

  11. #11
    Dix
    Dix is offline
    Senior Member Dix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma City, Okla.
    Posts
    599
    Blog Entries
    1
    I got to play on one of these in Houston. OMG it was so cool. I loved it, but I am a had quilter and for that price I can have my long arm friend do alot of quilts. So, at my age I just could not justify the price and I do not really have a place to put, but I would love to play on it again.
    Also checked the new Janome Horizon, but it really does not do much that my Janome (that I love) can do.

  12. #12
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,450
    Blog Entries
    20
    I use a Fusion and I love it!!

  13. #13
    Super Member scowlkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,528
    Blog Entries
    11
    QuiltingHiker, do you like the Sunshine okay? Was thinking about one and they are made just a couple of hours away from me. Would love the sit down HQ but don't want to wait until I can save up for one!

  14. #14
    QuiltingHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    345
    The waiting was my problem, already waited 4 years and then end was just not in site. I just ordered the Sunshine 16 after Quiltfefest here in Jacsonville. It will take 3 months to be delivered. Long wait, seems I am always waiting....

    I'll let ya know once I get it and play with it.

  15. #15
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    I played with the prototype in August at the Festival of Quilts in the UK. I succumbed and ordered it, and it just left the UK on its way to me this morning.

    I don't have room for a big set up with the long frames etc., so I will have the benefit of the 16in harp, but will still move the quilt under the needle, just as with a domestic machine, except that this machine is mounted on the table so it faces you, rather than being sideways on as per domestic machines are. Another plus over a domestic that might be a little larger than average is that these are true long arms (but the smallest in the range) and can be updated at a later date with a frame etc., and they have the larger bobbins - these hold about 2.5 times more than a domestic machine.

    Mine should be her on Tuesday - it's been hard having to wait this long, but I am nearly there now, and I have a lot of Project Linus quilts lined up to practice on.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,302
    Blog Entries
    1
    I think that's the one Lacelady bought. She's still waiting for it to be delivered.

  17. #17
    Power Poster Mariposa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington
    Posts
    27,165
    I have an HQ 16, and love it!

  18. #18
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    I hate to even sit down to play with one since my willpower isn't very good when it comes to things like this!! LOL!

  19. #19
    Senior Member grammy17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Largo FL
    Posts
    924
    Curious. Has anyone made, tried or used/uses the set up you can find online to make the set up that uses your own machine for free motion quilting? www.buildaquiltingframe.com

  20. #20
    Junior Member DJRustic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dora, Mo
    Posts
    160
    I also have the HQ16 sit down model. I got it last Jan & I have not used it yet. Got it in the Kansas City area. It was such a great price, believe it was $4200. I loved sewing on it at the shop. We were building our log home & just moved in this summer & now have it set up. Just waiting to finish my GD quilt to use it. Donna, The Rustic Quilter

  21. #21
    Super Member tuesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Home!.. Why? Where are you?
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    lol, don't hold your breath, tuesy. A pinch for me might be 6 months ;-)

    I found a local dealer that will let me practice for free on donation quilts. How cool is that?

    Oooh you lucky girl you!! That is awesome!! Well your 6 months is alot closer than my 2.5 years. (just an estimate, although I wish it was months instead of years)

  22. #22
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,323
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by DJRustic
    I also have the HQ16 sit down model. I got it last Jan & I have not used it yet. Got it in the Kansas City area. It was such a great price, believe it was $4200. I loved sewing on it at the shop. We were building our log home & just moved in this summer & now have it set up. Just waiting to finish my GD quilt to use it. Donna, The Rustic Quilter
    Donna, even with your move etc., I don't know how you have managed to not use it until now. I am champing at the bit for mine to arrive.

  23. #23
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    I saw one at the Long Beach International show. I didn't sit and play with it buy the two gals that I went there with did and really liked the feel of it.

  24. #24
    Senior Member annyroony2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    669
    I have the HQ sit down machine and I absolutely love it!! I have had it about two weeks.

  25. #25
    Super Member sewingladydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Woodhaven, Michigan
    Posts
    1,983
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingHiker
    I wanted an HQ but finally got tired of waiting for what I could not afford. Ended up getting the Sunshine 16. It is a step up for now and I will sell it if I can every afford the bigger fancier machines.
    Do you like the sunshine 16? Do you think it's worth the $$?
    It seems to be a lot less expensive than the HQ Sweet 16.

    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.