Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing feet storage? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-feet-storage-t208856.html)

Pinkiris 12-21-2012 02:07 PM

If you don't have too many feet to store, you could use the plastic containers that are meant for holding a week's worth of pills. If you find the ones that have Sunday thru Saturday on the lids painted on, you could attach a label over those markings. These narrow containers will fit in your 4" drawer with no problem.

sewdamncute 12-21-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32 (Post 5732494)
I use two single row pill holders, like Mon. Tues. Wed. etc. I keep them under my acrylic extension table that fits around the arm of my machine, so I can see them easily and access them easily.

That is a great idea on where to keep them! Thanks for sharing!

francie yuhas 12-21-2012 07:56 PM

I use a small box that fishermen use to store the flies they tie.

FWDesigns 12-21-2012 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I put all the feet for my Pfaff in one of those boxes that I got from Nancy's Notions (ArtBin containers). Then I decided that I couldn’t remember what was what because I had modified some of the feet so I put names and pictures of each foot and taped it to the inside of the lid. That’s as far as I got, my other machines are asking me when they will get cases for their feet. One of these days...maybe! LOL

Here's a pic of my lid info: [ATTACH=CONFIG]383540[/ATTACH]

marymay 12-22-2012 05:55 AM

Great ideal. Thanks!

annthreecats 12-22-2012 05:59 AM

I use the plastic pencil boxes that Walmart sells for each machines accessories, bobbins, and feet. I label the top of each box with the machine model and name. I can find stuff pretty easily and my cats can't get into anything.

quilter2090 12-22-2012 06:32 AM

I purchased at Wal-Mart a plastic case that is intended for small toy cars. The case is customizable so your walking foot would also fit. It doesn't need to fit in your drawer, you can lean it against your sewing table, that way it will be near to your sewing machine. The case also protects the presser feet from damage. I bought several platic cases for my presser feet for my machines and in my opinion, the toy car case is the best.

Weezy Rider 12-22-2012 06:37 AM

I bought one of those craft 12"x12" sectional containers with drawers. I just stash the most used ones in there. The sewing table has nothing on the right, so I bought a unit with drawers, and then the smaller one to go on top. At least I have a place to stash pins, extra light, bobbin winder on the top of the container.

KimmerB 12-22-2012 07:22 AM

My Bernia came with a hanging foot storage but for extras I use a plastic tackle box, works wonderful.

roserips 12-22-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by FWDesigns (Post 5734169)
I put all the feet for my Pfaff in one of those boxes that I got from Nancy's Notions (ArtBin containers). Then I decided that I couldn’t remember what was what because I had modified some of the feet so I put names and pictures of each foot and taped it to the inside of the lid. That’s as far as I got, my other machines are asking me when they will get cases for their feet. One of these days...maybe! LOL

Here's a pic of my lid info: [ATTACH=CONFIG]383540[/ATTACH]

I really like your idea to have the picture and name of foot, really helps when the brain goes dim.