Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sewing-machines-built-walking-foot-t200020.html)

virtualbernie 09-11-2012 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC (Post 5506367)
I also have the Singer Quantum L-500 with the built-in walking foot. In my opinion, that's one of the best features of the machine; it works great.

I noticed that the machine is no longer listed on Singer's website, so I guess it is discontinued. I googled and found one for sale on Amazon, if you're still looking.

They sell them from time to time on HSN but they go fast. They had them a few weeks ago and within a day they were sold out!

ShirlR 09-11-2012 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by ThreadHead (Post 5502700)
Anyone know if the Baby Lock Asante ESe2 has a duel feed??

I had an Esante ESE2 until about a year ago when I upgraded to my Elegante Ver IV; the Esante ESE2 did not have a dual feed. I purchased a walking foot for it, which also works with the Elegante. The Esante is a wonderful machine, never had a bit of trouble with it. My DD has it now and it's still working like a dream.

san-sing 09-11-2012 11:52 AM

Thanks to all of you. There is so many choices out there now. Does any of you know the model of the Juki that has the built in walking foot? I have researched almost all the ones that have been mentioned.

chuckbere15 09-11-2012 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5502453)
Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.

Yes, and Janome is coming out with new models in a couple of weeks. That means prices will drop on the 7700 or there will be good deals to be had on used 7700.

Just Me... 09-12-2012 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 5502453)
Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.

Yup--Janome has them, too!

nancyw 09-14-2012 06:25 PM

The Bernina 820 and 830 have what they call dual feed. It acts like a walking foot. They have special feet for them, some even come with the machines.

LadyElisabeth 09-14-2012 08:33 PM

My Pfaffs do indeed have the walking foot and it makes a lot of difference in the regulation of the stitches.

hollyd 09-19-2012 01:01 PM

The Elna also has a built in walking foot.

ohstr 09-19-2012 01:43 PM

I have the Janome 6600 and love the accufeed system... it is wonderful.

Scraplady 11-04-2012 10:23 AM

I make quilted purses/pouches and frequently find myself sewing many many layers in a very confined space to finish off the bags. I use my walking foot for them all the time b/c it can handle all those bulky seams, but I'm really tired of wrangling those itty bitty bags around the gigantic rear-end on the walking foot. Does a built-in/integrated walking foot have the bulky mechanism at the big like the detachable ones? I have a Baby Lock Decorator's Choice that I really like but lately I have been dreaming of a machine with a larger throat space for FMQ. Perhaps I need to investigate this integrated walking foot feature as well. I haven't looked at new machines in so long I don't even know all the new features available. I'm almost afraid to go look, I will want them all! Hmm...Christmas is coming soon...