Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shopping for a NEW IRON. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shopping-new-iron-t106598.html)

cny_sewer39 03-10-2011 01:01 PM

I am shopping for a new iron. :) I was wondering if any one on the quilting board has any suggestions of irons that they could NOT LIVE WITHOUT :!: Any help would be appreciated. Please and Thank You. :thumbup:

Vanuatu Jill 03-10-2011 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
I am shopping for a new iron. :) I was wondering if any one on the quilting board has any suggestions of irons that they could NOT LIVE WITHOUT :!: Any help would be appreciated. Please and Thank You. :thumbup:

Lots of previous discussions on this one! Type in "irons" in the search box at the top menu bar, and read all the comments. It helped me buy mine-

quilter1943 03-10-2011 01:05 PM

My only needs in an iron are auto off and steam. The one I have now is a Rowenta but I would not spend that much on one of them again. I really liked the Black & Decker I had before (19.99 probably!) a lot better. One that uses tap water is nice too so you don't have to buy water for the steam.

Quiltforme 03-10-2011 01:14 PM

I just bought the Oliso iron. I bought it at a sewing expo I decided that I really need an iron that will do the job. I had a rowenta but because of the open water resovoir a bug got into it and my other one a Black and Decor just quit so for me it just happened to be the right time. I love the fact I don't have to set it up and the quick heat up. It does have a time out feature that is 30 mins which is better then the rowent which was 8 minutes.

katiescraftshop 03-10-2011 01:30 PM

I've had a Rowenta and while I loved it, I killed it just as quick as any other one. My only requirements are steam, auto shut off and not very heavy. Just bought a Sunbeam that has 3 different setting for the amount of steam and was around $30.

Patricia48 03-10-2011 02:09 PM

I like my Shark Professional. Great steam and auto shut off. About 40 dollars at Walmart I think. I had the Shark lightweight and liked it also but knocked it off the ironing board and broke it. The Shark Professional is the best iron I have had since I quit buying the Rowenta. They didn't last any longer than the cheap irons and got tired of paying the big dollars for them. I did like their steam though but the Shark is just as good. Patricia

dflynn 03-10-2011 10:59 PM

I prefer to use my cheap black and decker then my Rowenta

karenpatrick 03-11-2011 02:51 AM

I bought a Sunbeam at Walmart a couple of years ago and I love it. It was about $25.00, has auto turn off, holds a lot of water, has lots of steam, and is guaranteed not to drip. Also comes with a cute little container that holds the right amount to fill it.

Blinkokr 03-11-2011 05:55 AM

I have a Sunbeam - model 3985
I have been using it for about 4 years and it is used daily as I sew almost every day. I make alot of quilt blocks and the tip of the iron is important and this one has a pointy end verses rounded. About $25.00 at Walmart
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

darlings7 03-11-2011 06:25 AM

P2 Rowenta anti-drip.......couldn't live without it.