Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   slump (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/slump-t113696.html)

davidwent 04-05-2011 08:14 AM

I haven't sewn in 3 weeks! I have 3 projects and 2 swaps I need to take care of. I look at my machine and sewing table and have no interest in doing anything.
I thought getting my FQ and stamp squishy would fire me up, but it did for just a short time. I don't know what is wrong with me :(
Does anyone have any suggestions?

lisainmo 04-05-2011 08:16 AM

We all are there at some time...I guess I could make a trip to MA and kick your butt if that would help...LOL

crafty_linda_b 04-05-2011 08:18 AM

David you need sunshine!! The nasty weather is a real bummer...try moving the machine to where you can see out a window..hope this helps..if not then... well...I might just have to come over to your house and give you a good swift kick in the @&& *LOL* to get ya movin' Linda B.

Newby0709 04-05-2011 08:19 AM

I'll be watching for suggestions. I've got the slump. The most I get accomplished is reading the QB and wishing, I could do what they are doing.

0tis 04-05-2011 08:19 AM

It happens to all of us - I was in a major slump around the New Year - just keep on going - it will come back - I noticed that I get like that when its darker outside - the sunshine really perks me up. Maybe looking at new projects will inspire you - but don't worry - it will come back....

Sorry to tell you but you are normal....:)

crafty_linda_b 04-05-2011 08:20 AM

OH you are in BIG trouble now..Lisa & I were posting at the same time and we both have the same idea as to how to get you motivated *L* :-) Linda B.

vhiggason 04-05-2011 08:20 AM

I'm with you. I tried to finish a top yesterday and it's still sitting on my table. I guess I will try again today. I guess we all need a kick in the behind.....to get us going.

JCquilts 04-05-2011 08:21 AM

I find that when I am under stress, it is hard to get going on projects.

Take a break to do something else and come back to it later.
Look at some magazines for new inspiration.
Get outside and go for a walk.
Wash the sheets and pillow cases on your bed for a nice fresh good nights sleep (not indicating that your bed is not clean..LOL)

sueisallaboutquilts 04-05-2011 08:21 AM

David, you aren't alone by any means.
I am heading to my sewing room today to clean up what looks like a bomb hit.
I went to Hawaii for my son's wedding and came back to gloom. I know I shouldn't complain but I am anyway :)
I've been wanting clean my messy room for over a week and can't get motivated.
But here I go...............

Take care, friend!
Sue

kraftykimberly 04-05-2011 08:22 AM

Cruising the net always reignites the creative fire for me. Just going to google and typing in "handmade quilts" and then clicking "images" opens up a whole new world of ideas. Quilting blogs and websites also add fuel to the fire for me. And don't forget about the old fashioned tried and true paper magazines (gasp!!). So overall, any visuals I can get send my brain on new adventures.