Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So Excited About Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-excited-about-thread-t39512.html)

Boston1954 03-14-2010 07:08 AM

Recently I got some med. gold/tan for a cat panel I am doing. I was so very lucky to get it 40% off. Sis and I went out and stopped at the same store last week. I thought I would get the purple hand quilting thread for Sis's quilt. Well, it was on sale again...30% off. I got three spools of different colors for future projects. Now that I have these, I am so tempted to go out and get other colors that I don't even need. Someone hold me back....

quazyquilter 03-14-2010 07:14 AM

Yup, it's a sickness, all right...Isn't it grand????

littlehud 03-14-2010 07:38 AM

Sorry, I can't hold you back. I can't even stop myself. I can tell your hooked.

Karen 03-14-2010 07:43 AM

I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in this addiction!!!

grandma1 03-14-2010 07:49 AM

I have supervised visits to the fabric store, I can't trust myself to do it alone, all those pretty red tags yelling 40% off.... come and get it girls!!!!! :thumbup:

BellaBoo 03-14-2010 08:44 AM

You have already shown more restraint then I could have. Me leaving with 3 spools when it's a great sale price? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

kapatt 03-14-2010 08:56 AM

"Someone hold me back...."

:lol: Why hold you back. If I have the money, I would definitely be doing the same thing. I know I will use it up in the next year or two.

Boston1954 03-14-2010 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by grandma1
I have supervised visits to the fabric store, I can't trust myself to do it alone, all those pretty red tags yelling 40% off.... come and get it girls!!!!! :thumbup:

That put a smile on my face. I can picture me having mine supervised. Hey, wait a minute. Maybe I could have my quilting sister supervise me. What a great "out" that is.

littlehud 03-14-2010 10:47 AM

I tried having my DD go with me. They don't sew. It backfired. They picked out fabric for their "next" quilts. They bought their own fabric and encouraged me to get more too. DGD pointed out the floral fabrics because she knows I love it. I spent more than if I went along. Sigh.

n2scraplvr 03-14-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by littlehud

I tried having my DD go with me. They don't sew. It backfired. They picked out fabric for their "next" quilts. They bought their own fabric and encouraged me to get more too. DGD pointed out the floral fabrics because she knows I love it. I spent more than if I went along. Sigh.

Littlehud, thank you for the laugh you gave me today! I enjoyed your story!!

:thumbup: