Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So excited! Added to my stash! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-excited-added-my-stash-t110150.html)

dglvr 03-24-2011 05:37 AM

Wish I lived closer. Looks like you had a great time. Enjoy.
Why are they closing? :shock:

peachrose 03-24-2011 01:16 PM

The girls didn't know and of course the manager wasn't saying. They had alot of fabric left and thread. One of the ladies has 25 years with them and she said they didn't give her an option to go else where. She doesn't know what she was going to do and she was way older than I. We was comparing years with a company and I told her I have worked with the schools for 31 years and she was like you are so young to be thinking about retiring. I responded with " I want to quilt full-time instead of part-time". She said I have to work on my priorities! I didn't say anything more because I didn't want to disrespect my elders, but I was thinking what is wrong with my priorities, I have raised my kids, worked hard all my life since I was 15 and you tell me to work my my priorities. I was truly wanting to ask what else do I need to do to enjoy some time off. :shock: :oops: :roll:

bigsister63 03-24-2011 03:28 PM

DARN!!! that is what I get for not checking board everyday! My DD lives in North Olmsead and I was just there today! I could have gone to that Joanns. Darn! Maybe next week when I am up there. I did go to Abygail's Quiltry in Olmstead Falls today and got fabric $8/yd originally for $3.99 with 20% for getting end of bolt. that is not too bad. They have a nice clearance room.

peachrose 03-25-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by bigsister63
DARN!!! that is what I get for not checking board everyday! My DD lives in North Olmsead and I was just there today! I could have gone to that Joanns. Darn! Maybe next week when I am up there. I did go to Abygail's Quiltry in Olmstead Falls today and got fabric $8/yd originally for $3.99 with 20% for getting end of bolt. that is not too bad. They have a nice clearance room.

oooohhhhh Abby's is SOOOOOOOOOOOO nice! Love that place.

quiltpd 03-25-2011 10:30 AM

WOW - lucky you ! Have fun with all your new goodies.

Jingle 03-25-2011 10:36 AM

Looks like you got great bargains. Enjoy.

fabric whisperer 03-25-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
Great buy

I wonder if more Joann's will be closing?

Wow, I hope one particular employee there gets another position, I know them personally... I will ask if there are more stores closing in NE Ohio ~ I was a #2 manager at my store until I quit because of politics... yes, it goes fast, as soon as the quilters learn of a closing, they pick the store clean!

kraftykimberly 03-25-2011 11:30 AM

Gotta love those bargains. When our new JoAnns opened a few months ago, the last week the old location was open they upped the discount percentage 10% everyday until they got to 90% off, now that was a fun shopping day. Check with yours to see if that may be their plan. There could still be more great deals in your future !!