Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So sad another quilt shop closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-sad-another-quilt-shop-closed-t164519.html)

skothing 10-30-2011 04:36 PM

:-( Always in Stitches is closed now. So sorry to see it close. Have you had a favorite QS close? I must admit I was a little teary eyed. The owner is a wonderful lady. Yes I bought lots of stuff.

I wish Mary all the good things in life.

What did you say to the owner?

I had few words as I didn't want to make it worse.

deedum 10-30-2011 04:51 PM

That is so sad to hear of another quilting store closing. I am doing my best to support them, however I only have so much money for this hobby, so much time, and so much storage! I got enough material to last 5 yrs or more. I still love going in and spending, although I try to control myself. I see where Walmart in our area Has Fabric now, although there were no clerks around to help. I wasnt buying anything though.

quiltbugs 10-30-2011 04:56 PM

I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Z&S Fabrics is gonna be gone, too. Used to be one of my favorite places to order from a long time ago. Hate to see this.

NJ Quilter 10-30-2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by quiltbugs
I've heard from a pretty reliable source that Z&S Fabrics is gonna be gone, too. Used to be one of my favorite places to order from a long time ago. Hate to see this.

Would that be the one 'in town' or the location in Denver, PA? I know Zooks and Z&S are the same owners but can't remember which one is where. I frequent the one in town when I'm there. That will definitely be a sad day.

akrogirl 10-30-2011 05:12 PM

I got an email just the other day to let me know that Sally's Fabric will be closing in a few weeks:-( In addition to having a large fabric selection, they were a great place to learn long-arm quilting.

craftyheart2 10-30-2011 05:19 PM

My LQS closes in 3 weeks - 5 ladies ran it together for 25 years. Sadly no-one was interested in buying it. I will miss it greatly as it was 10 minutes walk from my work and the next one I like is a 30 minute drive.

LyndaOH 10-30-2011 05:23 PM

Z & S Fabrics is not going anywhere but they are preparing for a relaunch of their website as part of their new site - NextLevelShops.com. They are combining two of their websites and adding some partner shops. I will check with the owner about Zook's and Sauder's but I don't believe they are going anywhere either.

luv-e 10-30-2011 05:28 PM

We have one in Athens,Ohio closing But she is going on-line...Not the same....... :cry: :cry:

Lostn51 10-30-2011 05:31 PM

I hate to see a local shop close down but in our area the business section of our paper printed an article about how so many places (even larger stores) are closing down and going to the internet for business. I see that several of the larger multi location local stores have closed and its only going to get worse before better. I try to keep my money locally but sometimes I have to go online and get things there because it saves me money and overhead.

Billy

Hattie Frances 10-30-2011 06:51 PM

Sad, we also have a LQS closing on November 1st.