Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   something for me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/something-me-t89718.html)

wolfkitty 01-11-2011 07:07 PM

I have several projects lined up, in various stages of cutting, but can't seem to get myself going. I do enjoy looking at and feeling the fabric, tough.

wolph33 01-11-2011 07:09 PM

we all do that.I have about 10 tops done ready to quilt and I am still making tops.one day I will switch gears and quilt them

Mariposa 01-11-2011 07:18 PM

I do that too! Always have several projects going at the same time, and at various stages. Gotta keep the variety!

raptureready 01-11-2011 07:45 PM

I think it's because we all hurried and worked so hard getting everything done for Christmas and this is the "quiet after the storm" time. I finally forced myself to get my machine out today because I needed a new flannel nightie for an upcoming quilting retreat. Got it made and now I'm getting back in the mood for sewing/quilting. Nothing urgent to do right now so there's no pressure to do anything in particular. That makes it difficult to decide what to do.

Maia B 01-11-2011 07:55 PM

Ooo, flannel nightie.... I'm gonna go put one on, it's cold! Good idea, raptureready. I've got 20 year old UFOs. No shame, sometimes inspiration leaves before the project is done. I have a recent one I'm just creatively stuck on, two older samplers I make a block for whenever need to practice a block before doing my current project, and others that were ill-conceived or just not worth finishing (sloppy first projects). Plus, tops are a form of wealth.

danece 01-11-2011 08:47 PM

You my friend are perfectly normal, usually after the holidays are over we need to just kick back and not even think about things for a few weeks. I like to hit the after Christmas sales and replenish my stash, then about the first February I get back into the mood, Easter is coming you know :P

luckylindy333 01-11-2011 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
Oh, man. I was soooo happy to get a new mat. I just set it out and looked at it. I didn't use it for a couple weeks! lol I kept using the old one.

Enjoy the newness, it seems to wear off quickly!

Ha- I am with you- I got a new mat, too, but kept using the old one. Actually the new one smelled so badly like plastic that I put it in the other room until it got done smelling.

Jim 01-11-2011 08:58 PM

take the first step and before you know it you'll take the one you looked for all along..the last one. AND then your quilt is finished...its taking the first step thats the hardest

cathyvv 01-11-2011 10:46 PM

Whatever is wrong with you, I have it, too!

Anna.425 01-11-2011 11:30 PM

This thread is like computer geeks getting together. They all speak the same language. We all know what you mean and there is nothing wrong with you. Some projects have to season well before they are ready to reveal themselves.