Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sporadic quilter! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sporadic-quilter-t212868.html)

noradi 02-03-2013 11:06 AM

Sporadic quilter!

I have quilted for 30-35 years. On & off. I go in streaks & I am now in one of those on periods. The problem is, I want to make everything I see! I buy fabric that I will probably never get around to using. I must have at least 20 unfinished projects & I want to start another! I have been working on some of those this time but have also started a couple new ones. I am a very undisciplined person & know I must work on that but at 65, is it even feasible to make such a huge change in character? Would my family & friends still love me? Oh well, I think I'll go do some quilting & worry about it later.:o

QuiltnNan 02-03-2013 11:08 AM

LOL... welcome to my world

QUILTNMO 02-03-2013 11:09 AM

sounds so familiar!!

Jan in VA 02-03-2013 11:13 AM

Hello, my name is Jan and I'm a sporadic quilter.
Join the club! And, yeah, at our age, it's way too much bother, and trouble, to try to change.
Accept who you are, that's another club,:o.

Jan in VA

barri1 02-03-2013 11:19 AM

I would love to start another project, but I am too disciplined therefore frustrated. Today, instead of working on what I have to work on, I am organizing scraps. It has become a monumental task. I am looking forward to it being done, but think I will take a nap first...

Quiltngolfer 02-03-2013 12:13 PM

Did I write this thread under a different name? You have described me perfectly, even down to the 65. I spend a lot of time looking for new ideas rather than doing the things I have already bought. I get so mad at myself, but I can't stop. I have started finishing some projects though. I am making myself finish UFOs before starting anything else. I have a list and I'm sticking to it! Right.

TerryQuilter 02-03-2013 02:00 PM

I'm a "Mood Quilter"--when I'm in the mood to quilt, I could quilt all day for several days at a time. When I'm not in the mood, it could be a couple of weeks before I do anything quilty. I'm in one of my non-quilty moods right now :( and wish I could get out of it, I have at least two quilts to finish by April.

deedum 02-03-2013 02:13 PM

I too am a mood quilter! I love being a mood quilter, sometimes I am in the mood sometimes not! Today, I started using scraps for a baby quilt, instead I finished 4 bibs! Gee, it is just the way it is in the quilting world!

Lori S 02-03-2013 02:20 PM

If left to my own devices I would never complete anything, as the impluse to start the next quilt "vision" is so powerful. Sometimes I think its ADD coming to the surface, other times I think I am just without any self discipline. I have improved and will not allow my self to start with out finishing. Think of it as a "diet of the mind" its all about willpower. Sometimes I just have to "trick" myself and promise myself if I sew one more day on a current project then , I can start another, then do the same the next day till its done.

Stitchnripper 02-03-2013 02:28 PM

Me too. I haven't quilted in a while. I look at it every day but just can't get motivated. Hubby has been having health issues so I use that as my current excuse. I also think I have self-diagnosed adult ADD. I don't have too many UFOs except in my head. But, oh well...