Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   SPREADING THE WORD - 1/4-INCH FOOT THAT WORKS!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spreading-word-1-4-inch-foot-works-t6008.html)

Minda 04-08-2008 12:58 PM

Patrice,
You do have a life. It is keeping us informed of everything we must have!! :wink: :D :D
What kind of sewing machine do you use this foot on?

kathiwit 04-08-2008 04:18 PM

I use it on my Kenmore, and myPlaff. Works great on both

patricej 04-08-2008 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Minda
Patrice,
You do have a life. It is keeping us informed of everything we must have!! :wink: :D :D
What kind of sewing machine do you use this foot on?

In that case ... you each MUST have ... a tall, single, straight, good lookin', intelligent, funny, and (what the heck) rich guy you can introduce to me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will use my new foot mostly on my Simplicity Quilter's Classic and, occassionally, on my Singer Ingenuity. Someday, if I ever play and win a lottery, I shall use it on a Janome MC 11000. :wink:

Elizabeth A. 04-08-2008 04:46 PM

kathiwit you're right your Booter looks rather a lot like my Sunny, fluffy tail included it would appear. Sunny is not the brightest boy but he makes up for it in love. He loves me even when I rotary cut (that makes me crazy, I'm so afraid of one wrong tail flick! So I have to stop and put him on the floor).

So now if what you ladies are telling me... I also can use this foot?!?!? YIPPIE! My new Elna is coming Thursday and I'm so excited I could jump for joy. Partrice? Do you know how long they run their sales for at that site? Because I noticed that foot is on sale. :-)

Elizabeth A. 04-08-2008 04:51 PM

you each MUST have ... a tall, single, straight, good lookin', intelligent, funny, and (what the heck) rich guy you can introduce to me.
Are you talking about my husband? Okay so we're not rich, most days not even well off, but we have everything else. :-) I keep telling him the first time I married for love, but if I have to do again, I will marry for money! :twisted:

patricej 04-09-2008 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.

you each MUST have ... a tall, single, straight, good lookin', intelligent, funny, and (what the heck) rich guy you can introduce to me.
Are you talking about my husband? Okay so we're not rich, most days not even well off, but we have everything else. :-) I keep telling him the first time I married for love, but if I have to do again, I will marry for money! :twisted:

i'm cornfeeoooozed. is your husband single? :shock:

kathy 04-09-2008 03:05 AM

ok my bad, I was just listening to you yak and didn't even see the link!

fabricluvr 04-09-2008 03:10 AM

can someone tell me the difference between 'type A' and 'type B' pressure feet? i'm getting dizzier trying to figure it out on these sewing machine accessory websites!

:oops: :?

Elizabeth A. 04-09-2008 10:38 AM

Oh jeez, so sorry, I missed that. :oops:

nana2 04-12-2008 05:35 PM

I do okay with the 1/4 inch seams, but I have not perfected free motion quilting. I just don't get the fabric moving under the quilting foot smooth enough to have evenly spaced stitches. Today on our PBS station - America Sews with Sue Haussman she was using a "contraption" which she called a frame. It looked like a flat rectangle piece of heavy plastic with an opening (rather large) in the center. The quilt just lay down on this -- no clips, pins, etc. As the machine is sewing, instead of moving the quilt, this "frame" is moved. I can understand that a very very smooth piece of plastic (probably coated with some special application) would "glide" over the machine base and under the quilting foot. I've just never seen one of these frames, but would be interested in seeing one. Hopefully, it is simple enough that it would be about a zillion dollars cheaper than one of those long arm quilting machines. So if in your search for quilting supplies you see this or already know about it, please put up a post for all of us. Thanks.