Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   starting on next christmas, anyone else? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/starting-next-christmas-anyone-else-t209657.html)

gramajo 12-31-2012 05:16 AM

No thoughts for 2013 Christmas gifts yet. Ideas seem to come when I see a fabric that would be perfect for someone. I hadn't planned to make a quilt for brother and his wife for Christmas this year until I saw the National Parks line of fabrics. They visited the 58th and final national park on their list this year, so of course, I had to make a quilt for them.

SewMomma66 12-31-2012 05:20 AM

Something to think about.

Lstew2212 12-31-2012 05:22 AM

I am in the planning stages right now, but I always buy fabrics in the clearance bins or something that catches my eye. Our Walmart now has fabric. I collect Christmas and Halloween fabric for the holiday.

SouthPStitches 12-31-2012 05:37 AM

Didn't make quilts for Christmas this year and probably won't in 2013 either. This year, I gave the larger quilted gifts to my friends for their birthdays (don't have any immediate family). It's going to be a big year in 2013. One friend will be a grandmother for the first time in mid April - twins! So you know I have to make quilts. My closest friends are turning 60 this year, so I'll be making probably 3 quilts for the special occasion. Right now I'm finishing a queen size for our room and a good size throw, both scrappy. Have a third all ready to cut out. Several scrappy patterns are appealing to me also.

zennia 12-31-2012 06:02 AM

Yes , I am finishing up a few things and starting more. I just bought two patterns I am ready to try. Both of them are Christmas tree ornaments.

Elisabrat 12-31-2012 06:07 AM

I am doing the block of the week already have two blocks in Christmas scraps finished :) and yes I enjoy quilting sewing so much that I will be sewing for Christmas all year. I give handmade gifts and well only two hands so I have to start early. I am planning on using boom blocks for placemats and wall hanging gifts, tablerunners etc. Last year lost half of it seriously ill thisyear is a comeback year for me :) I will be done by the end of Sept. and happy at that. A bit at a time does add up doesnt it? good post. keeps you thinking which is not a bad thing at all.

sweetana3 01-01-2013 03:42 AM

I got the after Xmas sale on big big gift bags just in case. I am not sure if I will be giving already made quilts or new ones. But the packaging is ready.

Aurora 01-01-2013 04:23 AM

I am enjoying the planning phase for this new year's (2013) Holiday Season (not just Christmas). I so enjoy the planning, will probably start a project in a week or so. Right now I am also anticipating the start of the Mystery Quilt and BOM Season. Gotta love Mystery Quilts. Also, gotta straighten my sewing room before I start any new projects.

kathbug 01-01-2013 05:01 AM

I have four quilts to make before June and three to finish. I bought fabric but not for Christmas items. Need to finish what is on my list first before I can think about that!

nvb50 01-01-2013 05:14 AM

I already started last week. I made 6 twin size and 1 lap quilt since the end of July for 2012 Christmas. I want to do 6 twins and 3 doubles by next Christmas. I went out over this past weekend and bought enough fabric for 3 of the twins. I already had 1 started and I am quilting it today.