Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storing the Cutting Rulers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storing-cutting-rulers-t157396.html)

valleyquiltermo 10-02-2011 07:32 AM

I use the medal ring for hanging my rulers I don't often use. Then I have a slotted board on my cutting table for the rulers I use most often.

jlm5419 10-02-2011 07:44 AM

Mine are hanging on pegboard, behind my sewing table, making them safe, visible, and within easy reach.

rekrug 10-02-2011 07:46 AM

I used small finishing nails and tapped them into the side of my storage cabinet. I have 6 nails for my rulers and my triangles. If the item doesn't have a hole, I use a zip lock bag and make a hole in the bag. This "wall" doesn't show, as it bunts up to a closet door near the corner of the room. I know where my rulers are, if I remember to put them back!!!!

Michellesews 10-02-2011 07:47 AM

I purchased two ruler racks, they are about 24 inches long, have slots in them to hold the rulers. They are side by side on my wall.
Michelle

clem55 10-02-2011 07:52 AM

No sewing room, and no wallspace to hang anything, so I opted for an under bed storage container. Because of the size, I had plenty of room to keep all the smaller quilting notions in there also. If it is quilt related( not patterns) and I have it, I know just where to go look.

BellaBoo 10-02-2011 08:05 AM

I just nailed big long nails in the wall and hung them up. I painted the nails a pretty color first. Looks nice and the rulers are out of my way and I can see at a glance what I have.

dahlshouse 10-02-2011 09:42 AM

My set up is like this but I found a plate shelf at thrift store and had DH add more slots for my rulers... mounted it above my cutting table and voila!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Michellesews
I purchased two ruler racks, they are about 24 inches long, have slots in them to hold the rulers. They are side by side on my wall.
Michelle

nhweaver 10-02-2011 10:02 AM

My sewing room is very small, I love this idea, I am going to buy an over the door hanger and hang a peg board on it to hold my rulers on the outside of my closet door. I then can see them when the door is closed.

Great ideas here.

One thing that I do is I hung a cook book holder over my sewing machine to hold patterns and sewing books. Right at eye level, I make fewer mistakes that way sewing pieces.

Originally Posted by Newby0709
With my SMAll room there is no wall space for peg boards. I put a hanger on the back of the door with an "S" hook to hang the rulers. Yes, I always want the one in the back. At least I know where to find them. LOL

Kathy Osterby 10-02-2011 10:05 AM

I have one of those rings and hate it! The ruler I want is always behind others and you have to take all off to get to it. I now have a small bin I stand them up in and it works alot better.

wvdek 10-02-2011 10:11 AM

I have no extra wallspace or a cupboard, but I do have at the end of my table a space in which I placed a letter holder from WM. Works great.