Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Tell me what you will be sewing tonight? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/tell-me-what-you-will-sewing-tonight-t211930.html)

Buckeye Rose 01-25-2013 06:06 PM

I have almost finished a baby quilt for my new granddaughter (due to arrive anyday)....have only the binding to sew down on backside....am also ripping out bad fmq stitching on a kingsize quilt (am so tired of ripping I have to switch off for a while and work on something else.....I would love to start sewing on a quilt for me (it's all cut out, just waiting for time).....but for now, I rip, rip, rip....:(

Anniedeb 01-25-2013 08:56 PM

Working on a "deer hunting" quilt for my son's April birthday...no pattern...just winging it. May organize some fabric, but I usually just pull the fabrics all out, admire, and them put away without changing anything.

meldmac 01-25-2013 10:03 PM

Worked on my rag quilt. 40 squares done only 150 or so to go lol.

kuntryquilter 01-26-2013 03:53 AM

I took a break last night. However, all day yesterday I worked on a special quilt for one of my great grandsons. He was the 'special student of the day', in his kindergarten class and all the other students drew pictures of him. I put those pics in my computer, printed them out on treated muslin and am making him a memory quilt. I will try to post a picture of it when it is finished.

twoxover 01-26-2013 05:03 AM

i worked on the alaska quilt. t his is a kit my hubby picked up for me a few years ago when he was in alaska. from quiltswithatwist. then, while watching say yes to the dress with dd, i knitted. relaxing evening for me..for once!

MaryKatherine 01-26-2013 05:12 AM

quilting a customer quilt.
MaryKatherine

Amythyst02 01-26-2013 05:41 AM

Tonight I will begin sewing the test wedding dress for my daughter. We altered the pattern on Thurs which took us all day, then I finally got it all cut out yesterday with the muslin, and I am going to start sewing tonight. I am hoping to have the muslin done by Sunday so we can do a fitting, and see how close or far off we are .....

She found a vintage pattern she loved, but it was around 4 sizes too small. What a task to alter something that much. I hope it is a close fit. Would be so nice, I hate thinking I have to go back to the drawing board and start over... fingers crossed...

My quilting is on hold until I get this dress done. Luckily for me I have until April to finish it. I am forseeing alot of frustrating moments here.

IraJane 01-26-2013 06:03 AM

I have several on-going projects on the table in addition to the UFO's that I haven't gotten out. I designed my own mystery quilt to teach a few years and have two queen size quilts not completed. If anyone would like to do my mystery quilt, let me know and then I would need to know how to offer it.

IraJane 01-26-2013 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by IraJane (Post 5814408)
I have several on-going projects on the table in addition to the UFO's that I haven't gotten out. I designed my own mystery quilt to teach a few years and have two queen size quilts not completed. If anyone would like to do my mystery quilt, let me know and then I would need to know how to offer it.

Before I can do any sewing today, we have to take the Christmas tree down. The needles are starting to drop off. We put up a 12' tree and put ornaments on that we have collected for years, so it is quite a memory tree and we love having it up, but it's time.....

Lucy90 01-26-2013 06:10 AM

I will be doing free motion on a quilt I'm trying to get done. It has been sitting for over a year. I have about 3 more to get done but one at a time. Everyone have fun with their projects.