Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Too warm to give quilt?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/too-warm-give-quilt-t129395.html)

Blue's quilting mama 06-12-2011 05:10 PM

It is always quilt-giving season!

hperttula123 06-12-2011 05:31 PM

Anytime is a good time for a quilt. :)

wannaquilt1 06-12-2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
NEVER!!! Quilts are great for indoor air conditioning - I live in Houston and slept beneath two comforters last night, and the a/c was only set on 77, with the ceiling fan going. I grew up sleeping beneath multiple blankets so it's a comfort thing for me, and perhaps will comfort the children as well.

Get stitchin, girlfriend!

I agree! I live in SC and it's about 100 deg right now and I slept under 2 quilts last night. Our air was also on 77 but hubby keeps the fan on and I would be too cold without my 2 quilts. I also grew up with air and always had blankets so I can't ever sleep without a nice quilt.

Glenn 06-12-2011 06:07 PM

Quilts can be given anytime. My Grandma gave me a quilt when I was small and I used it for forts over a card table and it went everywhere with me. Glenn

HeatherWebber 06-12-2011 10:03 PM

I recently made a quilt for my 18 y.o. granddaughter who has now gone overseas to Cambodia for a few years doing volunteer work. She made the request, as she wanted something to remind her of home. The temp there is always in the 30 - 40 deg celcius. She turns the fan on full blast so that she can use it!!

Originally Posted by tweezy50
I need to know.....because of a situation that I won't go into now, we have "inherited" a new family branch. ?there is a 3 year old little girl and a 5 year old boy. The family has very little as far as posessions. The parents are hard workers. It's just that luck has not been their friend lately. I am making the children eachtheir own little quilt and possibly a pillow case to match.

Problem is, the weather here will be hitting 90-100 degrees soon. Probably won't be much of a need for quilts to stay warm! (Duh). Would it be silly to give them to the children now or should I wait until cooler weather? Don't want to look like I'm just a silly ol' grandma, but would like to help them out.

Guess after all this, my question is.....is there a quilt giving season?

Annaquilts 06-12-2011 10:06 PM

Well if it is too hot to lay under it, it is always great to lay on top of it. Now with the airconditioning, I use quilts year around. I would say give it.

mayday 06-13-2011 09:31 AM

not at all, things always cool down at night and am sure in a heatwave they will be so very plsed.

misseva 06-13-2011 09:56 AM

I agree with everyone else - give the quilts now.

Bliss 06-13-2011 11:18 AM

It's all in the presentation
Give it with love and tell them it is for dreaming on top of as well as snuggled under

Shirley I. 06-13-2011 11:46 AM

I made my grandson in North Carolina a quilt for napping and I used cotton knit fabric ( I call it T-shirt knit) instead of batting.