Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Topic list (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/topic-list-t114951.html)

rdorminy 04-10-2011 06:14 AM

When you click on a Topic do you post a reply right away "OR" read all the replys then post an answer. My thing is to reply right away, smile. Just curious here.

QuiltnNan 04-10-2011 06:16 AM

if the topic really interests me, i read the replies. if it's a picture of a quilt and i really like it, i just hit reply and say what is in my heart. i don't want to be swayed by others' opinions on the quilt.

erstan947 04-10-2011 06:19 AM

I read all the posting, cause often someone else has said what I would say.

MTS 04-10-2011 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by rdorminy
When you click on a Topic do you post a reply right away "OR" read all the replys then post an answer. My thing is to reply right away, smile. Just curious here.

I read all the replies if I plan to reply to the post, ESPECIALLY if the op is asking for some information or has left the post open-ended.

Because it's pretty funny to read the "i hope someone can find the pattern name" even though it has been answered FOUR freaking times in the previous posts.

I think of a thread as an ongoing conversation. And I would never just jump into a group of people -at work, at a social event, on the street - already talking without first trying to gauge where the conversation has been and where it's going. But based on the evidence on this board, and some threads that were just hysterical in this regard , I'm clearly in the minority.

patricej 04-10-2011 06:28 AM

if i want to comment i make sure to read all the comments in a topic ... starting on page 1 ... no matter how long it is.

one should always make sure to get thoroughly caught up on a conversation in progress before jumping in.

to do otherwise results in constant repetition of points made, dragging up issues already settled, and creating confusion.

it's also like saying out loud that nothing anybody else has already said is worth the time it takes to read it and that only our own thoughts and words matter.

featherweight 04-10-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947

I do that also. I hate getting on a topic and everyone has replied with the same answer. JMHO

BMP 04-10-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947

Me too , especially if the same questions have been asked over and over

susie-susie-susie 04-10-2011 07:02 AM

I always read everything. Like Patrice said it makes for confusion if you don't. I rarely reply to something that already has many pages.
Sue

ewecansew 04-10-2011 07:08 AM

I usually read all the comments before I would post a reply. I agree with MTS, PatriceJ, Erstan947, BMP, and Featherweight. I would like to think that others opinions are just as important as mine.

np3 04-10-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by susie-susie-susie
I always read everything. Like Patrice said it makes for confusion if you don't. I rarely reply to something that already has many pages.
Sue

Ditto!