Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Twister HELP !! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/twister-help-t114559.html)

BMP 04-08-2011 12:52 PM

I made the wreath today , the one that has been shown here numerous times, came out very cute.
What I would like to do is make that same wreath bigger but am a little stumped as how to lay out the 5 inch squares to acheive that... maybe add more center area and another row of 'color' pinwheels in the circle....anyone care to have a guess as how to do this...??

mommamac 04-08-2011 01:15 PM

Work out a sketch - start with center block & use background color - as you add one to each side horizontally, add one to each side of center block vertically. The more you add, the bigger the wreath... make sense?

Nana2Sew 04-08-2011 02:08 PM

Could you use larger squares to start........say 6" X 6"?

happymrs 04-08-2011 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
I made the wreath today , the one that has been shown here numerous times, came out very cute.
What I would like to do is make that same wreath bigger but am a little stumped as how to lay out the 5 inch squares to acheive that... maybe add more center area and another row of 'color' pinwheels in the circle....anyone care to have a guess as how to do this...??

I made a bigger one! When you lay out the wreath section, just add another row of blocks, in those fabrics, all the way around the wreath part. Then add your background blocks, the way you would have originally, & your borders. Mine came out great, love it!

mommamac 04-08-2011 02:39 PM

I made a bigger one! When you lay out the wreath section, just add another row of blocks, in those fabrics, all the way around the wreath part. Then add your background blocks, the way you would have originally, & your borders. Mine came out great, love it!
So, you didn't increase your center in proportion to the wreath? Center remained 5 blocks?

BMP 04-08-2011 02:58 PM

I just tried sketching one out as suggested but I am not getting it ...I went another round with a 3rd color and have ended up with way too many background in the corners .
9 blocks by 9 blocks ??

mommamac 04-08-2011 03:23 PM

I came up with a grid 9x9

B=background C= color

B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-B-B-B-B-B-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B

I think this might work - looks right on graph paper.

jdiane318 04-08-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by mommamac

B=background C= color

B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-B-B-B-B-B-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B

Mommamac, you are always the greatest. I think I will try this, too.

jdiane318 04-08-2011 03:32 PM

Have you thought about using the larger twister tool and using 10" blocks?

mommamac 04-08-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by jdiane318

Originally Posted by mommamac

B=background C= color

B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-B-B-B-B-B-C-C
C-C-C-B-B-B-C-C-C
C-C-C-C-B-C-C-C-C
B-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-B
B-B-C-C-C-C-C-B-B

Mommamac, you are always the greatest. I think I will try this, too.

Warning!!!! I haven't tried this - just was trying to help figure it out. Let us know if it works LOL
Haven't tried/purchased the bigger one... yet