Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   TWO machines and a love story! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/two-machines-love-story-t211557.html)

EllieGirl 01-22-2013 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by GailG (Post 5801597)
I looked in abbreviations and didn't find these so I'll have to ask the question.. In post#1 TOL was mentioned and in Post #7, TOTL. What do they mean?

Congratulations on your new machines and on having such a supportive and sweet DH! I'm yearning for a new machine (Janome 6300 or 6400) and all my DH says is "and where are you going to put it?":D

I googled it and they both mean top of the line.

I have a brother se400 and would absolutely love to have a Dreamweaver!! You are so fortunate!

Dina 01-22-2013 07:17 AM

[QUOTE=GailG;5801597]I looked in abbreviations and didn't find these so I'll have to ask the question.. In post#1 TOL was mentioned and in Post #7, TOTL. What do they mean?

Thank you so much for asking. I was sitting here wondering too!

Dina

knlsmith 01-22-2013 07:21 AM

My hubby is a lot like that, too. It's so nice to the loving support of your DH. :)

knlsmith 01-22-2013 07:22 AM

[QUOTE=Dina;5804723]

Originally Posted by GailG (Post 5801597)
I looked in abbreviations and didn't find these so I'll have to ask the question.. In post#1 TOL was mentioned and in Post #7, TOTL. What do they mean?

Thank you so much for asking. I was sitting here wondering too!

Dina

TOL means Top Of the Line usually referring to an expensive, well-made machine.

damaquilts 01-22-2013 07:28 AM

Hmm I wonder how much I would get on trade in , I have a Brother QC 1000. LOL

Grace MooreLinker 01-22-2013 07:32 AM

Just hoop a piece of cloth and start a test run and you'll naver look back :thumbup:
My Christmas present to myself was a Innov'-IS VE2200 that is the Dreammaker XE boy do I enjoy embroidering on it.
watch out don't stand to close or you might have a rose on your shirt sleeve ((:)) enjoy both your new machines .

oldtnquiltinglady 01-22-2013 08:10 AM

It looks like you might have bought your machine in/near Birmingham (my husband and I pass through there often on our road trips), so my question to you is, where is the store where you bought your wonderful machines. I got money for part of my Christmas and it is burning a hole in my pocket, plus DH said "guess what the temp is in Biloxi" with the temp here in middle TN hovering at freezing and windy......we are SOOOOOOO ready to escape. I told him I know someone who'll tend to the pets, so we are thinking forward in that direction. BTW (took me a spell to figure that one out, in reference to your TOPL) sincere congratulations on your acquisitions--enjoy, enjoy, enjoy......

Cheshirecatquilter 01-22-2013 08:32 AM

The easiest way to disable the clock display is with a little piece of carefully cut and applied blue painter's tape. I used to recommend black electrical tape, but it leaves a sticky residue. :)

JoanneS 01-22-2013 09:37 AM

I felt the same way when I bought my TOTL Pfaff last Christmas. My Dh badgered me until I finally bought it!

MargeD 01-22-2013 10:13 AM

You are one lucky lady and he is definiely a keeper. Congratulations.