Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   A vicious cycle!!! Do you ever make more room? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vicious-cycle-do-you-ever-make-more-room-t206796.html)

Taughtby Grandma 11-25-2012 06:30 PM

I don't see a problem! Sounds like home.

jeanneb52 11-25-2012 06:38 PM

and the beat goes on....on and on and on

#1piecemaker 11-25-2012 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5678285)
My Name is Lori , like the post before me, it has been less than 8 hours since my last purchase. I started with a sewing room about 10x10... then came the rolls of batting, the fabric on bolts, etc... I expanded to consume most of my basement. Even put a bed there .. which is now the perfect quilt storage system.. I just lay one on top of another.
I figure I will have to start digging a basement expansion is a few years . If I tell myself I will have to dig with a spoon that will deter me.

I don't have a basement! Waaaaaaa!!!

#1piecemaker 11-25-2012 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5679872)
I don't have a basement! Waaaaaaa!!!

Hey!! One question...... Did you put a pea under all those quilts??? Reminds me of the princess that put a pea under her mattress and she could still feel it. heheheh!

Mimiqwerty 11-25-2012 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 5678285)
My Name is Lori , like the post before me, it has been less than 8 hours since my last purchase. I started with a sewing room about 10x10... then came the rolls of batting, the fabric on bolts, etc... I expanded to consume most of my basement. Even put a bed there .. which is now the perfect quilt storage system.. I just lay one on top of another.
I figure I will have to start digging a basement expansion is a few years . If I tell myself I will have to dig with a spoon that will deter me.

Did you know that the weight of your basement stash will help hold your house down in case of a tornado? If only Dorothy had been a quilter! :D

#1piecemaker 11-26-2012 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mimiqwerty (Post 5680112)
Did you know that the weight of your basement stash will help hold your house down in case of a tornado? If only Dorothy had been a quilter! :D

hehehehehe!!! Wish I had a basement. reckon I could dig a root cellar and have it paneled in cedar!!!!

quiltstringz 11-26-2012 08:49 AM

I wish I had that problem. Seems like lately I just buy fabric

Lori S 11-26-2012 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 5679879)
Hey!! One question...... Did you put a pea under all those quilts??? Reminds me of the princess that put a pea under her mattress and she could still feel it. heheheh!

I have not done that .. yet! But I can tell you having a basement makes for very comfortable sewing in the summer. the bed in the basement is an added plus!
As for accumulating.. it all typically goes in my family Christmas give away. Sometimes I make them play family Jeopardy, categories created to family refernences, and the questions/answers are all geared to family "stuff'. Or I have posted an on line - family auction.. with photos.. and they can turn in a previously "gifted" quilt or just claim a new one. No feescost they just have to describe how it will be used/loved to be the new owner. So the pile goes down to nothing at least once a year.
We are a family of sewers.. and we try to host "white elephant" fabric exchange every year ot two, thats lots of fun.!

sherryl1 11-26-2012 09:26 AM

I'm in the same boat.I think I just like to buy.But,I also have a longarm and I quilt for others and a semi-part time job.It gets up to 30 plus hours.So,not much piecing gets done.Oh well,there's always retirement.

maryellen2u 11-26-2012 12:14 PM

Just a minute while I peek over my latest pile to answer you. I finish a project and then find 3 or 4 more I have to add to the "to do" pile. I wonder if I will ever be "done"!