Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Section for Hand Quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-section-hand-quilting-t104307.html)

Butterflyblue 03-02-2011 06:56 AM

Would anyone else be interested in a virtual section for hand quilting? Since I've started it seems like since there are relatively few posts on hand quilting, they get lost easily (pushed down the list) and it would be nice to have them in one place to refer to.

Actually, a section for FMQ would be nice too, I think. It comes up more often, but having all the threads on tips and tricks in one place would be handy.

Diana Lynne 03-02-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyblue
Would anyone else be interested in a virtual section for hand quilting? Since I've started it seems like since there are relatively few posts on hand quilting, they get lost easily (pushed down the list) and it would be nice to have them in one place to refer to.

Actually, a section for FMQ would be nice too, I think. It comes up more often, but having all the threads on tips and tricks in one place would be handy.

I would love one..I too hand quilt..

dkabasketlady 03-02-2011 06:59 AM

I'd love to see a section for hand quilting only(since I'm trying to hand quilt all my quilts), but don't know if there's really very many of us on here.
You're right about it getting pushed down the list, but there's a lot of posts every day.

Bamagal 03-02-2011 07:05 AM

I prefer to hand quilt too

dslone 03-02-2011 07:15 AM

I would like it too. I love to hand quilt.

Butterflyblue 03-02-2011 07:31 AM

See, I'm amazed at how many hand quilters come out of the woodwork!

dpparris 03-02-2011 07:32 AM

I hand quilt as well. Great idea!

debbieumphress 03-02-2011 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
YOu can pm the MOderator of PatriceJ and discuss it with her. She would be the one to yeah or nah....LOL. Sounds wonderful since I am a handquilter also. Good luck.

If they cannot do this, then a suggestion would be to make sure the word "handquilt" is in your topiic and we can "search" for the word and find the posts. Or go to Personal Diary section, and start a thread there for Handquilters. WE can go in and post every day and it's all in one place. :)

Some of my stipple hand quilting. I am a hand quilter and proud. LOL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]136469[/ATTACH]

redkimba 03-02-2011 07:43 AM

I would love a section for hand-quilting. It may get looked down on as "old-fashioned" but I like it. :)

debbieumphress 03-02-2011 07:46 AM

Hand quilters are few these days with all the new things BUT...........we are still in demand. LOL. I do hand quilting for people, and always have a "job" going. I love that art and I passed it on to my Granddaughter, who can machien quilt and hand stitch. Her Mimi is a quilter too but machines. So she has learned both. I like the personal touch and love put into a hand quilt. More time, but oh so worth it.