Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WAL-MART FABRIC DEPARTMENY (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-fabric-departmeny-t2766.html)

P BRACKIN 10-15-2007 05:29 PM

If there is anyone out there that knows how to start a petition, I wish someone would start one and see if we can get WAL-MART to keep the fabric departments. THANKS P BRACKIN

Moonpi 10-15-2007 05:52 PM

Over 37,000 of us have signed one here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...ed.cgi?savefab

Beeflower20022002 10-15-2007 06:30 PM

:? Call 1-800-WALMART and COMPLAIN< also www.Walmart.com Put in feedbackto the Corporation!!!! We can all try and if you still have Fabric at your WM count your Lucky stars!!! Because no matter what we Lost 1 WM Fabrics when the SC came in and Our only other one is getting a SC Soooo it's more n likely going out as well, We call them the STUPID CENTERS} Cause they're getting rid o Fabrics. But right now were're working on :wink: stashing Fabrics away!!

Kyiav10 10-16-2007 12:58 PM

I signed the petition. I don't know if it will do any good but time will tell. Kyia

quilting fool 10-17-2007 04:37 AM

I just signed the petition, but have little hope it will work. The consumer is seldom heard these days.

penski 11-29-2007 12:28 AM

well i signed a petition and called the main office but i dont think it will help, walmart has there mind set on how they run there business weather or not we like it , so off to Joann fabrics i go

and that is oh how sad
:cry:

fabricluvr 11-29-2007 05:24 AM

it would be interesting to know how they decide where to have fabric. we have 4 super centers (three were remodeled from the smaller stores) and they all have the fabric/craft centers. there's another store going in just down the road. we'll see about that one.

what bothers me is that jo-ann in our area needs some stiff competition! HL doesn't compete, nor wal-mart. One of the Hancock stores closed so there is only one up north, does have some nice things, just too far!

DonnaRae 11-29-2007 08:56 AM

Well I live in the South, which is Greenville, SC a very southern state, and we have four Wally's Worlds (aka Walmart) and they all still have fabric. But as Loretta said the stores she is near, there is not as much nice fabric. But Walmart was the biggest buyer of Sham. & Sons and they quit buying from them (I think that alot of the nice fabric came from there) and now they went out of business. A lot of people blame Wally World for them going out of business but you know how the old saying goes, don't put all your eggs in one basket. Apparently they depended on Wallyworld's business to survive. Ohhhhh, gab gab gab, and should be sew sew sew, todalu............

ArtquilterNEWWAYtoQUILT 12-01-2007 10:58 AM

:( :? :cry: Well we live wayyy down south and they're getting rid of it all as fast as they can and we have complained and told them and Stood on our heads trying to keep Fabric but as they getsc they push out fabrics and believe me it's Not from not selling it cause they have sold LOTS OF FABRICS IN TEXAS and the surrounding states but wm is taking it out inOK, Ks ,NM etc, They don't care and I don't spend as much Money at wm either and some folks refuse to go to wm for ANYTHING!!! I do mean it!! Sooo wm is STUPID for getting rid of fabric, they think we want Party supplies HA HA!! NOT, We don't buy them they had to put the things on clearance and the scrapbook stuff too just too get rid of it,then thesc goes in and now we have 3 HUGE Lanes of this stuff, Wm Where's your Brain at?? And now we are down to the 1 but it's sc is coming real soon so Look Out Fabrics 'll hit the dust.Sooo sad!!!

Millie 04-26-2008 02:07 PM

Don't know if this is true or not but just heard yesterday that when some of the Walmarts to to Super status they will retain the fabric dept. Guess I'll just have to go there and check it out because our WM just went Super recently.