Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Weird sale! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/weird-sale-t50510.html)

bstanbro 06-20-2010 10:08 AM

My lqs sent out a postcard where they were offering this: Bring in your orphaned one yard or more cuts of fabric to exchange for a $2 off coupon to be used in the purchase of one yard or more fabric from their store.

So let me get this straight: I bring in my fabric which they will buy from me for $2. Then I buy fabric from them for $10 and use the $2 coupon so that I only pay $8.

Why do I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick in this deal?

JJs 06-20-2010 10:10 AM

the other question is: What are they going to do with the fabric you take in?

sell it as fat quarters?
donate it? Where?

destroy it?
use it for the million pillow slips?

HeatherQuilts 06-20-2010 10:13 AM

I can see where it would be nice though. If there is a fabric there that you really want, getting $2 off a yard is pretty good. Especially if you have fabric at home you know you will never use (why did I buy that again?? lol) I would imagine they are donating it somewhere, or making things to donate. I would contact the shop and ask some questions....

craftybear 06-20-2010 10:16 AM

I would contact the shop and get more details

azdesertrat 06-20-2010 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by bstanbro
My lqs sent out a postcard where they were offering this: Bring in your orphaned one yard or more cuts of fabric to exchange for a $2 off coupon to be used in the purchase of one yard or more fabric from their store.

So let me get this straight: I bring in my fabric which they will buy from me for $2. Then I buy fabric from them for $10 and use the $2 coupon so that I only pay $8.

Why do I feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick in this deal?

its an advertising gimic to get more traffic in their store,they know that everyone has a piece of fabris that they dont like or will never use,so they are using that to their advantage

amma 06-20-2010 10:22 AM

If the collected fabric was going to a charity project I would probably participate, if not... I am not sure.....

sewcrafty 06-20-2010 10:29 AM

LMAO!!! What a DEAL!!!! :lol: :lol:

bstanbro 06-20-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by amma
If the collected fabric was going to a charity project I would probably participate, if not... I am not sure.....

If it were going to charity doesn't it seem like they would say so? Yes, I'm on board if there's a fabric I don't think I'll use, but I think I'd sell it somewhere else and probably get more for it. Or donate it to my guild for charity quilting. $2 seems a little stingy for one yard (or more) of fabric

Minda 06-20-2010 10:34 AM

It sounds like a good way to get rid of fabric that you'll never use. I have fabric that I bought many years ago, that I wonder now why I ever wanted it. I would like to get $2.00 a yard credit for it at a LQS.

bstanbro 06-20-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Minda
It sounds like a good way to get rid of fabric that you'll never use. I have fabric that I bought many years ago, that I wonder now why I ever wanted it. I would like to get $2.00 a yard credit for it at a LQS.

It's not $2 per yard--It's $2 per cut. You'd do better cutting larger pieces into one yard cuts.