Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What "quilty" did you get for Christmas? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-%22quilty%22-did-you-get-christmas-t316.html)

Jezebel George 12-26-2006 12:07 PM

You'll love EQ5. It is a lot of fun.

ceannastahr 12-26-2006 12:18 PM

Is it hard to learn to use. It looks like its fun. I'm not real computer savy so I'm a little worried.

scotty 12-26-2006 12:25 PM

Hope you had a great day . I got some quilting gifts also I got a quilt chest and a gift card for a shop (50 dollars).

Jezebel George 12-26-2006 12:46 PM

If you got the designer cookbook with the EQ5, that helps. You can learn a little at a time. I have had mine for a couple of years and just discovered a new function, yesterday, that is fabulous. Don't worry about learning it all, right away. It really is fin.

lin-sue 12-26-2006 01:35 PM

I really didn't get anything BUT my Uncle looked at what I have just started & called me after he got home to ask if I wanted all my grandmother's material. She's the one that signed me up for sewing lessons at the Singer store in our town when I was about 12. She's been gone since mid-1980's. I didn't even know that fabric she had was still around. What a treasure. She was a seamtress. I will value it & hope to make a quilt in the future after I start the Cathedral Windows quilt that I'm planning with my husband's families materal.

Linda

judyjo 12-26-2006 01:56 PM

Boy, are you lucky to get such a stash! You'll have a ball trying to decide what to do with it.

Judyjo

Becky 12-26-2006 04:20 PM

Norah

I think blue and yellow would be very pretty, Those are truly my favorite colors, When your all done making it, I'll send you my address,

bbwalkup 12-26-2006 05:39 PM

I'm still so excited about my gifts, I think my poor hubby thinks I'm completely crazy. I begged for a new ironing board and iron. He got me this huge wide totally sturdy board and this awesome new iron. And even some baskets and tools for the craft room. I really think he's hinting for me to stay out of his. And the most incredible thing was a cutting table, where the sides fold down!! No more horrible back pain.

I do have to say I'm falling behind. Some time last year, my mother had bought 2 panels of Snowmen. She gave me one, and we were to make each other a quilt out of it. Well, she finished hers and gave it to me. So....now, I gotta get off my tush and finish hers.

Norah 12-26-2006 06:44 PM

Well, BB, being as you got two of everything, I got dibs on the extras. You have a very thoughtful husband. Lucky, lucky. :wink: And Becky, as for you, you better plan on living a long, long life and then you can finish it for me, because I probably won't last another 20 years to finish that Hawaiian quilt. I figure that's about how long it will take. :shock:

ButtercreamCakeArtist 12-27-2006 09:52 AM

My aunt made me a snowman wall quilt. It is made 100% by hand because she doesn't use a sewing machine! I love snowmen, and I never expected anything like that! SHe also made me a door stop. IT is a basset hound stuffed like a pillow, and there is a weight in the bottom so he sits up! He is so cute!
My Mom made my Son a quilt and a matching pillow and pillow slip. She made my Daughter one a couple years ago.
And, I saved the best for last, DH GOT ME A COMPUTERIZED BROTHER SE 270 D SEWING AND EMBROIDERY MACHINE! THAT'S THE DISNEY ONE! I'd wanted it for a long time.