Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you do to get yourself back in the mood to quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-do-get-yourself-back-mood-quilt-t99284.html)

maggie2122 02-12-2011 10:35 PM

I have a bunch of stuff I want to do, but just can't seem to get motivated to get going!

Maybe it's the weather.... should I try putting palm trees and sand and sun lamps in the sewing room? Maybe with a bit of ocean mood music?

mom-6 02-12-2011 10:37 PM

Sounds like a plan to me!

sewwhat85 02-12-2011 10:45 PM

that sounds great

lisalovesquilting 02-12-2011 11:54 PM

Start with something small that you can do quickly. Or take time to clean up your space and you will see something that says "work on me!" Let us know how it goes.

carolaug 02-13-2011 12:38 AM

For me its a reason...making a quilt that reminds me of a person...some of their likes or part of there era. Its hard to get into it with out a reason for doing it though. My friend is making small quilts for the hostipal. They do not want batting. Just cotton simple tops and flannel bottoms. I am making a quilt for my son with a broken leg...I need to give myself a deadline...it had to get modivated...winter...I also signed up for a class so that will keep me going and I am hoping to learn a few tricks along the way. Also when ever I buy a new Go die it modivates me to make one. But I am getting less and less modivated with this yucky weather...come on Spring...melt this snow away.

craftybear 02-13-2011 12:47 AM

you know I am the same way right now just can't get motivated to do much in quilting and my crafts

I am so tired of cold, snowy weather,

hurry up spring weather (at least get the snow to start melting here in central Indiana)

plus I am busy getting the things ready for our tax lady, will be glad when that is all done so I can have fun again in making quilted projects and crafts

Tropical 02-13-2011 12:57 AM

For me it is wanting to give a gift to someone I love.

zennia 02-13-2011 01:07 AM

Wish I knew the answer to this. You would think with it being winter we would be up to our eyeballs in fabric and thread but just not in the mood. I have been carring the same project around for 2 weeks without taking it out of the bag.

Becky Crafts 02-13-2011 01:29 AM

I have just the opposite problem. I live in sunny Florida & I want to quilt like crazy, but have been having so much fun with my quilting, that my carpal tunnel has been acting up bad, so have to take it real slow and easy. I'm making a play mat for our DGS's for next Christmas & it's 2 yards long. I used felted pellon instead of batting so it's not as thick & am having a blast with it, but my hands go numb & arms hurt.

sassyg 02-13-2011 01:58 AM

You all are such an inspriation,no matter what the weather is like, it's the thought that counts.Mentally we all are doing something we like. Just think one day there will come the time when we can't break away from the sewing machine or the handwork and we will be able to say boy I did a good job.
I just love you all.