Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you listen to while you quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-listen-while-you-quilt-t205106.html)

gramma nancy 11-04-2012 03:54 PM

What do you listen to while you quilt?

My mother never had a radio or stereo on while she sewed. I think she was just happy to have a silent house while her four children were in school and the habit never changed.

I listen to audiobooks. I have always loved books on tape; now, the MP3 and free audiobooks online from our library has increased availability a hundredfold. I have seriously increased the number of books I read since I can double task while sewing and listen to a book at the same time. I have listened to everything from Charles Dickens to Clive Cussler and everything inbetween.

What do you listen to, if anything, while quilting?

DebraK 11-04-2012 04:04 PM

today, it was Miss Marple mysteries on netflix. it's always different, whatever I'm in the mood for. Too eclectic to spell it all out. Never the same.

ragquilter 11-04-2012 04:05 PM

I don't listen to anything, mainly because I don't have a TV in the room I sew in. I really don't want one, I do sometimes listen to music on my computer. I have thought about looking for some DVDs to watch on my computer, but I haven't really bothered looking or even thinking about what I would like. I hadn't thought about books on tape. I used to love to read, thanks for the idea.

Raggiemom 11-04-2012 04:13 PM

I either turn on the radio (country) or use the classic country station on the computer. Sometimes it's Celtic music.

Vanuatu Jill 11-04-2012 04:17 PM

If I am trying to concentrate on a tricky pattern or need concentration, I put on a variety of instrumental music, like the several from the Narada label. If I am just cruising, sewing or ironing or cutting repetitive pieces, I like Il Divo, El Volo, and oldies. Now, I recently listened to the entire set of Harry Potter audio books I got for a gift from my sons girlfriend and her mother and I am SOLD on audio books!! Need to get a library card and see if they have them. I love reading, but won't take time during my day or evening, and try to read in bed, but don't get very far!n Yes, audio books are the way to go! If you get distracted, just re-play it!!

Hinterland 11-04-2012 04:18 PM

I like listening to audio books, too, but lately I've been enjoying the silence...or listening to my husband watch football. Sometimes I really enjoy music, too.

Janet

sewmary 11-04-2012 04:24 PM

It's Tv all the way excep on Saturday it's NPR through my iPhone.

misskira 11-04-2012 04:25 PM

I listen to audiobooks as well. When I had my baby my reading time drastically decreased for some reason... So now I listen to books while I sew, clean, drive, knit... Pretty much anytime I can.

mcfay 11-04-2012 04:31 PM

I don't have my radio or tv in my sewing building yet, so I listen to the birds chase bug (or something) on my roof. It's metal so it is loud.

Sunnie 11-04-2012 04:39 PM

I, too, listen to audiobooks. Started them when I had a delivery company and was on the road all day.