Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What the heck is going on...... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-heck-going-t109738.html)

belmer 03-22-2011 09:51 AM

I received an E-mail about some changes with the board. This is what they said: We are changing E-mail providers for the Q.P. newsletter soon. To ensure uninterrupted delivery of the Newsletter, please add [email protected]
Are they asking me to add this to my E-mail addresses?
Did you all get this E-mail? before I do anything I need to know
Please help. I have been so busy with more important issues in my life, I feel like I cannot keep up any more. Thankyou in advance.

gramarraine 03-22-2011 09:53 AM

I got the same email. I think it does mean to add it to your email contact list.

magpie 03-22-2011 09:59 AM

You add it to your email list so it doesn't go to spam, or your isp provider blocks it.

Ramona Byrd 03-22-2011 10:06 AM

[q We are changing E-mail providers for the Q.P. newsletter soon. To ensure uninterrupted delivery of the Newsletter, please add [email protected]
Are they asking me to add this to my E-mail addresses?
-------------------------
I get the newsletter often, but most of the time, more than once each day, I log on to it from the Internet, "Quilting Board" which immediately brings me to this site and masses of all that is on it. Hundreds and hundreds of pages of each, pictures, recipes, chat room, etc.
I don't worry about it when the newsletter doesn't arrive.

PurplePassion 03-22-2011 10:06 AM

Yes , everyone is getting it . The board is changing hands and addresses.

redturtle 03-22-2011 10:06 AM

yep...i got it also

belmer 03-22-2011 10:16 AM

Thanks everyone for your quick answers. I always get a little afraid of adding anything new to my E-mail addresses.
(((((hugs))))))

QBeth 03-22-2011 10:35 AM

There's a feature in Outlook where you can designate people as being trusted senders. The default is to trust anyone already in your Outlook contacts. If you don't want to add the QuiltBoard to your contacts you can do the following:

In Outlook:
Add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List
E-mail addresses that are listed in your Contacts are considered safe by the Junk E-mail Filter if the Also trust e-mail from my Contacts check box is selected (the default setting). However, you might also sometimes send e-mail to recipients who are not listed in your Contacts. Such recipient addresses are not considered safe by default. If you want these addresses to be considered safe, do the following:

1.On the Tools menu, click Options.
2.On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
3.Click the Safe Senders tab.
4.Select the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List check box.

belmer 03-22-2011 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by QBeth
There's a feature in Outlook where you can designate people as being trusted senders. The default is to trust anyone already in your Outlook contacts. If you don't want to add the QuiltBoard to your contacts you can do the following:

In Outlook:
Add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List
E-mail addresses that are listed in your Contacts are considered safe by the Junk E-mail Filter if the Also trust e-mail from my Contacts check box is selected (the default setting). However, you might also sometimes send e-mail to recipients who are not listed in your Contacts. Such recipient addresses are not considered safe by default. If you want these addresses to be considered safe, do the following:

1.On the Tools menu, click Options.
2.On the Preferences tab, under E-mail, click Junk E-mail.
3.Click the Safe Senders tab.
4.Select the Automatically add people I e-mail to the Safe Senders List check box.

Thank's This is very helpful!

QBeth 03-22-2011 10:44 AM

You're welcome!