Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilting projects do you take to a quilting retreat? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilting-projects-do-you-take-quilting-retreat-t202292.html)

LadyElisabeth 10-06-2012 12:23 PM

My list is getting longer, adding thread and machine needles. And I never thought to put the sewing machine CORD on the list. Forgot to ask if I needed to bring my own quilt for sleeping. This will be my first quilting retreat but I have gone on many mission trips and I always take my own pillow so I'm adding that to my list.
Your comments are terrific and MUCH appreciated.

Colbaltjars62 10-06-2012 01:01 PM

Now Elisabeth, make sure that John doesn't forget to bring the cord to the Video Camera. :rolleyes: LOL!! Cuz I don't think we will have enough batteries to help him..

LadyElisabeth 10-06-2012 01:15 PM

What I really need to do is make a list for John. I'm bringing fabric, my quilt and a pillow for sleeping in a chair a hairbrush, toothbrush, and my wombat wings block. His list includes camera cords, camera, lights, screens, tables, surge protectors, extension cords and of course Grandpa's Gourmet Sauces.

craftyheart2 10-06-2012 01:55 PM

I am off to a 3.5 day retreat next week and I am taking two new projects kitted up and my 3 applique blocks from my local group's swap for hand sewing. I am not sure how far I will get with these two projects but pretty far on one or a good start on both will be fine. I factor catching up into my retreat time.

UglyCook 10-06-2012 02:12 PM

bring chocolate

LadyElisabeth 10-06-2012 02:20 PM

I'm planning on bringing CHOCOLATE. Dark prefered?

SouthPStitches 10-06-2012 02:24 PM

Oh the horror - I've never been on a retreat! If I did, I'd be packing chocolate too for sure!

Colbaltjars62 10-06-2012 02:56 PM

Anything but white chocolate... That's not really chocolate ya know....:p
Oh and Elisabeth, any meds you may have to take while your there. Although Cindy is almost like McGyver when it comes to being ill so she could probably whip something up. Amazing what you can do with a paper clip and a homemade biscuit...:shock: :D
Love Ya Cindy!!!!!! Angela is trying to help me feel better so I can cook for ya all on Friday!

Morag 10-06-2012 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 5561979)
Just wondering what you take when you go to a week-end quilting retreat. I've taught all day classes on a specific block or quilt but never gone on a week-end quilt retreat. I know sewing machine, iron, etc but what kind of projects?
Thanks

I'm going to camp next week-end (4 days)...Need help binding a quilt for my son...will take that. Have 2 UFO's to finish. A new quilt of the month block to start...... Candy, Cookies, Drinks and all my quilting notions plus my FW....

LadyElisabeth 10-06-2012 06:39 PM

You QBer's are amazing. With so many ideas I should have enough stuff for a month of sundays! John already has a "pile" started. I need to remind him to take a sleeping bag since he won't be sleeping in the house.