Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what time of the day do you get the most sewing/quilting done? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-time-day-do-you-get-most-sewing-quilting-done-t23557.html)

NorBanaquilts 08-01-2009 03:40 AM

At night while watching TV and early mornings on the weekends. When I really need a sewing fix I take a vacation day from work and devote the whole day to quilting.

Bevanger 08-01-2009 04:38 AM

For me its between 5AM and 1 Ken's at work then

Bevanger 08-01-2009 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Early morning here too! Up at 5, after I have my coffee and work out, I go upstairs and quilt until noon. Although I quilt in the afternoon, the morning time just goes so well. Not much for evening quilting.

I don't like sewing evenings either, I think its just the lighting.

PamH 08-01-2009 06:05 AM

I work full time so i sew for a few hours in the evening, but Sunday is my main sewing day.

quiltswithdogs 08-01-2009 09:45 AM

I quilt in either mid-morning when I feel best, or later after my medically necessary long nap(2+hrs) when I feel better too. DH and I have come up with a great little routine, almost daily. When he comes home from work, he plays with our happy-to-see him puppy, then he relaxes at the piano and I quilt while enjoying his music. That's such a great 15-30min! My main problem is that with my stupid health I can never plan on a day of quilting since how I feel each day is unpredictable. Yesterday, I couldn't quilt at all. I'm going to try now when I sign off before something goes wrong. It's fun and very satisfying to see even a little creative progress made.

jayne E 08-01-2009 09:46 AM

I always have a hand piecing or applique project on the go, whatever else I am making by machine, and I get most sewing done on those in the evenings, in fron of the TV. I can convince myself that TV time isn't wasteful if I'm quilting too!
With my machine made projects, it's just at the weekends I work on those and I'm an early morning person too.

Ducky 08-01-2009 09:57 AM

On weekday, it's evenings after work and dinner. On weekends, I usually start around 2 or 3 in the afternoon and continue through til bedtime.

BellaBoo 08-01-2009 10:02 AM

I sew whenever the moods strikes so I don't have a set time. One thing I love about getting older, I do what I want when I want. :D

Mousie 08-01-2009 10:14 AM

Well, after reading all the replies, and going me? not me? finally decided, I too am an unpredictable sewer, depending on body.
But, I seem to sew MOST, on a good day, after breakfast and housework.
I finally realized, that if i walk into home-cave and switch machine on, then sewing is going to take place. If I don't switch it on soon, I will end up distracted messing and gauming with all kinds of stuff in there, but no stitches get made.
I feel especially good after putting a few miles, or even a quarter mile, on my machine. :D

sew cornie 08-01-2009 01:46 PM

Machine: 8pm-midnight . . . after the kids go to sleep. I try to do some hand-quilting or applique if I can a few days a week. My boys are 3 & 5 so it's hard to get uninterrupted time during the day.