Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-types-projects-do-you-use-your-embroidery-machine-t212300.html)

twinkie 01-30-2013 04:07 AM

I have found that anything I can write, I can embroider. Also there are many projects you can do as gifts and crafts.

Bamagal 01-30-2013 05:17 AM

I just recently took an accuquilt appliqué frog and Marjorie Busbys embroidery file for the face and put the finished applique on a onesy for my new greandchild.

Kris P 01-30-2013 05:26 AM

These ideas are great! I've had my machine for about 6 months. So far, I've done quilt labels, dish towels, hand towels, bath towels for each of the 10 nieces and nephews, 4 sweatshirts, 3 stocking caps(for my hubby), a handful of t-shirts for my girls, and personalized fleece blankets for the American Girl dolls in the family. My sister is expecting, and as soon as I find out pink or blue, I'll go to town on baby items as well. Can't wait!

Pete 01-30-2013 05:32 AM

Quilt labels

Do you have a favorite program for the labels? I haven't used my machine in years. Need to get going.

quiltmom04 01-30-2013 05:37 AM

Towels, tee shirts, aprons, wine bags, quilt labels and designs, pot holders, clothing accents, ornaments, book marks, bags - anything with an embroider-able surface is fair game. I'm sure once you have it, you'll use it a lot. Just don't hesitate to use it and practice. I love to embroider!!

barney 01-30-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by quilts4charity (Post 5821267)
I embroider everything and anything...LOL...have lots of decorated shirts, do lots of baby things and tons of quilts!!! I'm sure you'll find something to do besides quilt labels and yes I do those too!!!!

Do you embroider with the batting and backing and then use a quilt as you go method or the whole quilt?

Krystyna 01-30-2013 05:47 AM

I love my Brother PE-770. Almost lost it in Hurricane Sandy, but the technician got her working again. You can do soooo much. Here's my short list:
Pin Cushions
Throw cushions
Embellish apparel - recently bought a lightweight hoodie and realized I love it because it's embroidered!
T-shirts
Towels
Table cloths and napkins
Free standing lace decorations - from Christmas tree decor to sun catchers
Toilet Paper
Wall Hangings
Samplers
Aprons
And, of course, quilting! - There are quilt patterns galore. You can also applique with it.

Krystyna 01-30-2013 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by barney (Post 5824718)
Do you embroider with the batting and backing and then use a quilt as you go method or the whole quilt?

If I am doing a quilt pattern I use it on the sandwich.
If I am doing a dense pattern that serves as an embellishment, then it is done on the patch and pieced.
Of course QAYG is easy.
Did you know you can also applique?

brenwalt 01-30-2013 06:14 AM

You'll Love your machine!!

Originally Posted by sandrab64 (Post 5821071)
Woot! Took the plunge and ordered the Brother PE 770 embroidery machine (along with 40+ spools of thread, stabilizer, and pre-wound bobbins) and it's on its way to MY house! :D When I told my mom I ordered it she said, "Wow! So what are you going to embroider?" That question kind of stumped me because I don't think I gave a real coherent answer. Sure I'll do quilt labels and...ummmm...and....

My question now to you board members is "What types of projects do you use your embroidery machine for?"

I make almost all gifts for showers, birthdays, anniversaries. I personalize all the gifts with the recipients name and a small motif appropriate to the recipient. I pretty much sew "full time" and having the embroidery machine is a Godsend for the personalizations. Have fun!!

kelsunshine 01-30-2013 06:22 AM

On this website you can get 3 free embroidery designs per week.
Plus they often have good sales.

http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/