Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is your favorite quilt guild door prize? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-your-favorite-quilt-guild-door-prize-t229859.html)

BellaBoo 09-11-2013 11:35 AM

I'm in charge of the door prize box at our guild. When I find a good clearance sale I stock up on scissors, rotary cutters, thread sets, fat quarter bundles, and even jigsaw puzzles of quilt pictures. I never put anything in the box for a door prize I wouldn't want to win. I think a door prize should be something nice not necessarily expensive. Everyone has fat quarters and what do you do with one lone fat quarter?

nena 09-11-2013 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is something I did for a friend. Really did not cost much because I had a ton of scraps. I bought this box at Joann fabric for 4.00. Cut a ton of 2,1/2 in scraps & put about 30 together and put paper clip on it. Made enough to fill the box .
I cut about 500 but it was on my Go Cutter so I did several at a time. Just a thought. Would be different.

BellaBoo 09-11-2013 12:56 PM

Great idea Nena! This will make nice gifts for quilt friends.

quilt addict 09-11-2013 03:24 PM

I would say if you have folks that like scrap quilts any collection of blocks or strips are great.

I like to get some nice stationary if you can find or cards with quilt theme. This sight has had some great clearance lately preparing for retirement. Darn, I cannot find it so maybe she has shut it down.

Quilting related jewelry or make some fobs for sissors and cutters.

My favorite CHOCOLATE!

Dingle 09-11-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 6287737)
I would say if you have folks that like scrap quilts any collection of blocks or strips are great.

I like to get some nice stationary if you can find or cards with quilt theme. This sight has had some great clearance lately preparing for retirement. Darn, I cannot find it so maybe she has shut it down.

Quilting related jewelry or make some fobs for sissors and cutters.

My favorite CHOCOLATE!

Is it bbdcreations.com?

MaryKatherine 09-12-2013 03:26 AM

a set of Sangria Glasses.....I really use them.
MaryKatherine

lclang 09-12-2013 04:23 AM

Our guild amasses things we don't use and puts them up as birthday gifts or door prizes. The recipient gets to choose which gift she wants. There are small quilted items, patterns, quilty notions, sometimes plants, candles, etc. On my birthday I chose a little chicken pincushion. Cute!

WMUTeach 09-12-2013 06:44 AM

Ditto the quilt store door prize or .... a book about quilts or quilters, a novel. (I have plenty of "how too" or quilt books with new ideas!) Yikes I can get all of the idea I want right her on the QB site!

lisa in ca 09-12-2013 07:31 AM

I agree with everyone about giving fat quarters/fabric!

lisa in ca 09-12-2013 07:32 AM

Or, how about some customizable quilt labels?