Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   When does the quilting obsession create QUILTY GUILT??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/when-does-quilting-obsession-create-quilty-guilt-t156894.html)

SueSew 09-29-2011 07:34 PM

How do you know you've pushed the limits on quilting time?????????
When does family or work put the guilt trip on you? What do you do to keep the balance?

hensandhollyhocks 09-29-2011 07:38 PM

My family, DH and DD think ANY amount of time is too much. Therefore, I am guilty a lot! Little do they know I am going go my first quilt show tomorrow. It is about an hour away, but I can be home before they are. Being a little sneaky isn't bad is it?

Candace 09-29-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by hensandhollyhocks
My family, DH and DD think ANY amount of time is too much. Therefore, I am guilty a lot! Little do they know I am going go my first quilt show tomorrow. It is about an hour away, but I can be home before they are. Being a little sneaky isn't bad is it?

Sounds like your family needs to get a life and let you have one!

wraez 09-29-2011 07:45 PM

My hubby doesn't care how much time I spend quilting or playing in my sewing room.

My guilt comes from NOT spending as much time as I want and should. I can go for long periods without sewing a single stitch, even tho in my head I have so many quilts, table runners, mug rugs, place mats etc that I WANT to work on but my body doesn't follow thru. I actually will lay in bed at night thinking how much I want to accomplish and be upset with myself for not doing a single thing ... just on the computer too much. Like now!

wannaquilt1 09-29-2011 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by wraez
My hubby doesn't care how much time I spend quilting or playing in my sewing room.

My guilt comes from NOT spending as much time as I want and should. I can go for long periods without sewing a single stitch, even tho in my head I have so many quilts, table runners, mug rugs, place mats etc that I WANT to work on but my body doesn't follow thru. I actually will lay in bed at night thinking how much I want to accomplish and be upset with myself for not doing a single thing ... just on the computer too much. Like now!

Yup what she said!

Granny Quilter 09-29-2011 07:58 PM

Not to worry, (me that is), retired, and live alone, so it only affects me. My friends asked this, "What do you do in your spare time? I said "sleep."
Alicia

sueisallaboutquilts 09-29-2011 08:00 PM

When my kids were little I found time to quilt when they napped etc and also some other times as well. As long as they were busy I would get some sewing time in.
My kids and hubby seemed to realize that sewing time for me made me a happier person! That, in turn, made me a nicer wife/Mom LOL
Now that they're grown I have more time- but I don't think I'll ever have as much time as I'd like, say 24/7 LOL :D

Dolphyngyrl 09-29-2011 08:01 PM

NEVER HAHAHAHAH

tsnana2000 09-29-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
NEVER HAHAHAHAH

Ditto. :lol:

Gramie bj 09-29-2011 08:28 PM

I do not feel guilty at all! I spent a lot of years running kids to and from events, having balanced meals on the table at a certain time so everyone could get to where they needed to be, or do what they needed to do, Kept house work up, laundry done, snacks ready, was the offical taxi for sports, unoffical tutor ect. Worked out of the home and kept a job I really didnt care for, because I was able to flex my hrs around the needs of my DH and 3 kids. Now kids are grown, and DH and I are both retired, He says I desirve to be happy in my retirement so Do what you want! We still do a lot together, trips, fishing, gardening, playing with DGK but if I want to takeoff for a couple of days to go to a quilt show, I do not ask, can I go? Just tell him where I'm off to and call when I arrive, so he knows I'm not dead in the ditch some where. LOL I always ask if he wants to go, he askes do you want me to drive? If I say no he will usually stay home. The last time he suprised me and said he wanted to go with to the Sew Expo, That was the trip he got me my first long arm! Never would have bought it without his pushing me.LOL