Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   who gets the booby prize today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/who-gets-booby-prize-today-t45063.html)

cjomomma 05-06-2010 04:52 AM

Could be me.
I did something that I know better than to do. Brain must have been stuck on stupid yesterday evening.
As some of you know I had bought 9 yards of fabric at a thrift shop a couple of days ago. I always wash the thrift shop finds. The fabric was black w/white stripes, solid white and a solid dark red. Does anybody realize what did yet? I now have black w/pink stripes, solid pink and dark red. I know better than to wash red with any color, I even put 2 color catchers in the wash so somewhere in my mind I knew better. My Dd just laughed at me, she is a mean teenager. Oh well I didn't have any black and pink fabric anyway. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, don't do laundry when I am tired. I am laughing at my self and shaking my head.
Can anybody beat me for the booby prize? What did you do yesterday that you knew better than to do.

raptureready 05-06-2010 04:54 AM

Even with color catchers I still group like colors together. Now I might put all the browns and blacks together, the blues and greens, the purples and reds but not red with white. You get my vote. LOL

beachlady 05-06-2010 04:56 AM

Try washing it again and you might be surprised that it might go back to the original color. Ask me how I know!!!

grammyp 05-06-2010 04:56 AM

At least it was a thrift purchase, and had not been put into a quilt yet. It would be a shame to have a finished quilt change colors.

I went to work yesterday. I knew better, but did it anyway. It was typical day and I was SOOOOO glad to get back home.

sandpat 05-06-2010 04:56 AM

:lol: :lol: Well....sorry, but I get to laugh too....When I was a teen, I had the greatest white jumpsuit..it was really cute!! Halter top, and little tiny red piping on it to make it look kinda "sailor" like, know what I mean?? Well, into the wash it went (waaayyyy before anyone even thought about color catchers)...taaa-daaaa.......a New PINK jumpsuit..... :cry: :cry:

Well, enjoy your black and pink fabric, you know its not a bad color combo and will probably look just great in a quilt! :wink:

Moonpi 05-06-2010 05:41 AM

I have seen Carbona Color run remover at my local Hancock store, but have never tried it. Might be worth a try.

cjomomma 05-06-2010 06:37 AM

I am rewashing everything seperately so let's see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 05-06-2010 06:40 AM

OK, here is my entry into the idiot of the day category.

I'm fighting with the binding on my quilt. I sewed it on the front and am using a decorative stitch from the front to sew the binding down in the back. There are about a zilion pins in this thing. Somehow, as I'm carrying this thing to the sewing machine my feet get all tangled up in the quilt and I end up on the floor with about 6 pins in my butt and the back of my legs. Yikes!

sharon b 05-06-2010 06:40 AM

Did you tell DD That you were using the fabric to make her a new quilt :wink: LOL

It happens to the best of us , at least you can make the best of it. Keep us posted

cjomomma 05-06-2010 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
OK, here is my entry into the idiot of the day category.

I'm fighting with the binding on my quilt. I sewed it on the front and am using a decorative stitch from the front to sew the binding down in the back. There are about a zilion pins in this thing. Somehow, as I'm carrying this thing to the sewing machine my feet get all tangled up in the quilt and I end up on the floor with about 6 pins in my butt and the back of my legs. Yikes!

Ok I am handing the prize over to you, you win. I can feel your pain.