Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Why do you read The Quilting Board? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/why-do-you-read-quilting-board-t217270.html)

mighty 03-25-2013 07:51 AM

I love the board and have learned so much!!!!

cassiemae 03-25-2013 07:53 AM

Ilove this board I also have learned a lot from visiting here. I am meeting a member of this board that I have met
and we only live about 4 miles from each other we are going to chat over pop or coffee.

nena 03-25-2013 08:14 AM

I get up every morning. Get my coffee and read the board before I do anything. I am always learning new and easier ways to do stuff. You will never know everything and things change all the time. Just got a new embroidery machine and guess were I went first to read everything about the machines??? HERE BABY. lol

michelleoc 03-25-2013 08:30 AM

I check the boards a couple of time a day. It's amazing how much I've learned from everyone else's experiences. New products, new techniques. Plus everyone is so positive, there's no snarkiness.

mike'sgirl 03-25-2013 08:36 AM

I come here to learn, and to interact with other quilters. I live in the country and it gets kinda lonely out here with no one to talk to. I do go to church, but there is only one other lady that quilts. I love to talk quilting and my poor dh can only take so much, and the kids don't want to hear it at all!! I love the comradely and how friendly everyone is and how willing everyone is to help where they can.

cjackaitlin 03-25-2013 08:37 AM

I come to the board to see all the projects peole make, to learn new tecniques, and to chat some. All in all this is a great site to learn and enjoy. Mary

Txsuthrn 03-25-2013 08:42 AM

I'm 67 and just this winter trying to learn to quilt. I use the board to answer questions and solve problems. MY main problem is I read the board too much! I have fibromyaldia so I try to limit my board surfing to the days I can't function out of bed. I love this board.

Buckeye Rose 03-25-2013 08:49 AM

I come to the board to learn....and I do! I learn how to fix my ooops. I learn how to fix tension problems. I learn how to pick the right colors. I learn that there are so many different patterns that I want to make (not always a good thing...lol). I learn about fmq. I learn about applique. And above everything else, I've learned that there are so many things I don't know and that I can learn all I can ever soak up right here!

crafty pat 03-25-2013 08:57 AM

For me it is like having my morning coffee with a group of friends who share the same love of quilting as I do. It is seeing all the beautiful work done by those friends and learning new ways of doing things. I have been sewing and quilting for more years than I like to think of but I have read on here of new ways to do some things that have made it much better for me. We are never to old or experienced to learn new things. And it is so good to be able to help someone who is learning our craft. I laugh with, cry with, and pray for all my friends here and you all have been a blessing for me.

MamaDonna 03-25-2013 09:28 AM

I am a new quilter and I don't "chime in" much, yet but I come to this board to learn from everyone.. There is so much knowledge that I feel i can ask any question and I will get a response.. Love this forum