Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   It would sure help us if (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/would-sure-help-us-if-t145500.html)

Crabby Patty 08-15-2011 08:46 PM

anyone is looking for a certain fabric would post a picture of said fabric. I would like to help and I have a large stash over several years but I don't know without going through all my fabrics ( to find the maker ) whether I would have it or not. I am more of a visual person. I can look at a photo of a fabric piece and if it looks familiar I can go check just by looking at the side of my folded fabric. It would really help. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

auntpiggylpn 08-15-2011 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
anyone is looking for a certain fabric would post a picture of said fabric. I would like to help and I have a large stash over several years but I don't know without going through all my fabrics ( to find the maker ) whether I would have it or not. I am more of a visual person. I can look at a photo of a fabric piece and if it looks familiar I can go check just by looking at the side of my folded fabric. It would really help. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Vanuatu Jill 08-15-2011 08:54 PM

I agree!

np3 08-15-2011 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
I agree!

me too!

hspirit_99 08-15-2011 11:51 PM

good idea

Nancy S. 08-16-2011 03:44 AM

That sounds like a great idea.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-16-2011 04:17 AM

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Jan in VA 08-16-2011 07:21 AM

I admit, if I read a post about searching for fabric, and there is no picture posted, I move on immediately and forget the post in seconds. I, too have a collection of many, many years, carefully folded on shelves. There just is not enough time to get up and pull a stack down....or maybe 7 or 8 stacks....and look at all the selvages for someone. I guess I just hope "someone else" will do it.

Jan in VA

A1penny 08-16-2011 07:28 AM

I have so much fabric and would be so willing to share if there was a photo of the fabric that was wanted. i now realize that I will NEVER be able to use up all the fabric I have collected in the last 20 years........so to give a piece away would be a gift to me!

aliaslaceygreen 08-16-2011 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I admit, if I read a post about searching for fabric, and there is no picture posted, I move on immediately and forget the post in seconds. I, too have a collection of many, many years, carefully folded on shelves. There just is not enough time to get up and pull a stack down....or maybe 7 or 8 stacks....and look at all the selvages for someone. I guess I just hope "someone else" will do it.

Jan in VA

Same here. I figure they don't "REALLY" need it...lol

Of course, there is that elusive fabric that I "KNOW" I saw out there that looked like Gustav Klimt a few years back, but when I google it I get no hits...If I ever decide I NEED to have some, I will have to rely on the kindness of strangers (or simply have them tell me I WAS imagining it the whole time!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )