Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: It would sure help us if

anyone is looking for a certain fabric would post a picture of said fabric. I would like to help and I have a large stash over several years but I don't know without going through all my fabrics ( to find the maker ) whether I would have it or not. I am more of a visual person. I can look at a photo of a fabric piece and if it looks familiar I can go check just by looking at the side of my folded fabric. It would really help. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    anyone is looking for a certain fabric would post a picture of said fabric. I would like to help and I have a large stash over several years but I don't know without going through all my fabrics ( to find the maker ) whether I would have it or not. I am more of a visual person. I can look at a photo of a fabric piece and if it looks familiar I can go check just by looking at the side of my folded fabric. It would really help. Thanks in advance. :thumbup:
    :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I agree!

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
    I agree!
    me too!

good idea

That sounds like a great idea.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I admit, if I read a post about searching for fabric, and there is no picture posted, I move on immediately and forget the post in seconds. I, too have a collection of many, many years, carefully folded on shelves. There just is not enough time to get up and pull a stack down....or maybe 7 or 8 stacks....and look at all the selvages for someone. I guess I just hope "someone else" will do it.

Jan in VA

I have so much fabric and would be so willing to share if there was a photo of the fabric that was wanted. i now realize that I will NEVER be able to use up all the fabric I have collected in the last 20 years........so to give a piece away would be a gift to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    I admit, if I read a post about searching for fabric, and there is no picture posted, I move on immediately and forget the post in seconds. I, too have a collection of many, many years, carefully folded on shelves. There just is not enough time to get up and pull a stack down....or maybe 7 or 8 stacks....and look at all the selvages for someone. I guess I just hope "someone else" will do it.

Jan in VA
    Same here. I figure they don't "REALLY" need it...lol

Of course, there is that elusive fabric that I "KNOW" I saw out there that looked like Gustav Klimt a few years back, but when I google it I get no hits...If I ever decide I NEED to have some, I will have to rely on the kindness of strangers (or simply have them tell me I WAS imagining it the whole time!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Blog Entries
    Or please post a link to it from somewhere :D:D:D

Photo's definitely help!!! Too hard to know otherwise if it is the right fabric or not by a description. I would gladly help someone out if I had a fabric I knew they needed...especially if I have had it awhile and not used it "yet".

Blog Entries
    :thumbup: