Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   wrong instructions... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wrong-instructions-t77291.html)

deema 11-19-2010 04:10 AM

Yeah, the math is definitely wrong. You would think they would have some quality control person testing these things? Anyway, since you already did a lot of the cutting, I'd just square them up the best I could.

lizpatterson1 11-19-2010 04:47 AM

That happened to me with a pattern also, the squares did not align evenly so I saved all the cut material and cut a different material. So now I have two different size lap quilts to do. I know how you feel.

Kitsapquilter 11-19-2010 05:09 AM

You should e-mail whoever put the pattern up on the internet to let them know there is an error. I did that once on a pattern I did and they immediately corrected the error. And thanked me for letting them know.
They would probably appreciate it that someone caught the error they made. It is a pretty quilt. Hope you go ahead with it and make it work for you.

bearisgray 11-19-2010 05:21 AM

After looking at the pattern -

I'm making a couple of assumptions:

1) You are using a jelly roll
2) The strips are 2-1/2 inches wide

If you read all through her directions - it says you will need to trim the strip ends to line it up - after you put each section together - (I do not find that reassuring!)

Rather than try to square the blocks up - I would just cut 1/8 inch off each of the 2-1/2 x 3 inch pieces (then they will be 2-1/2 x 2-7/8- then you will end up with a unit that is approximately 7-1/4 wide by 7-1/2 high

Then you won't need to fight with the strips - assemble it in the way that is illustrated

BMP 11-19-2010 05:27 AM

I have that site saved so I could make that same quilt..someday

Norene B 11-19-2010 05:52 AM

I emailed her and let her know her strips were off.

deema 11-19-2010 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
After looking at the pattern -

I'm making a couple of assumptions:

1) You are using a jelly roll
2) The strips are 2-1/2 inches wide

If you read all through her directions - it says you will need to trim the strip ends to line it up - after you put each section together - (I do not find that reassuring!)

Rather than try to square the blocks up - I would just cut 1/8 inch off each of the 2-1/2 x 3 inch pieces (then they will be 2-1/2 x 2-7/8- then you will end up with a unit that is approximately 7-1/4 wide by 7-1/2 high

Then you won't need to fight with the strips - assemble it in the way that is illustrated

I had just thought of that and was coming back to post it! haha Yes, instead of trying to square up the blocks and sewing it all screwy, just trim the middle strip 1/8" at each end - takes 1/4 inch off that middle one to match up with the top and bottom strips :)

Bluebonnet Sue 11-19-2010 06:58 AM

I like this a lot & will certainly give this one a try sometime soon. Thanks for catching the measurement error & allerting the rest of us so we won't go through the same frustration you had too. "That's what friends are for".

Candace 11-19-2010 07:15 AM

Yikes. I almost started this pattern. I'd be an unhappy camper. But at least it's fixable.

Norene B 11-19-2010 11:42 AM

Just to let you know, I emailed Jamie about the wrong instructions. She emailed me back and said, "Thank you so much Norene! I don't know how three people missed that when proof reading it before! I guess I need to hire you to proof read :)! I fixed the pattern on MBS and I also am attaching a copy in a PDF format!! Thanks again!! If you could please send me your address I'd love to send you a thank you present!!