Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
printing on fabric help >

printing on fabric help

printing on fabric help

Old 06-07-2011, 06:50 AM

I know the is a lot of discussion about photo printing on the QB but I need help with how to print bible verses on fabric. I am using print shop and my printer is an Office jet pro 8500. I want to find out how (after printing the fabric that is ironed to freezer paper) to keep the ink from fadeing. I can't afford a new computer or the expensive ink. Can someone let me in on a cheap fix for this.Thanks and God bless.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:01 AM

Other than setting it with an iron I don't think there is a way to keep it from fading. That said I only print on fabric when I am going embroider over it so I could be very wrong. I hope you get the answer you are looking for.

By the way that is one cutie wee one in your avatar picture.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:12 AM

Did you use pretreat fabric sheets that have a soultion on them that helps to set the printer ink? And did you rinse those sheets in Bubble Jet set rinse? Go to www.cjenkinscompany.com he explains the whole process and his supplies are very reasonable. I always have excellent results with his products.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Try this site:
http://www.cjenkinscompany.com/Produ...FQsCbAoda11_uA

I have used Bubble Jet set for a number of years, and have not had anything fade on me....

http://www.bryerpatch.com/faq/bjs_q&...m#manufacturer
Old 06-07-2011, 10:17 AM

thanks everyone for the help and the wee cutie will be a year old later this month. She is the only girl grandchild. I had sons and they have 4 sons and now this prize .
Old 06-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

as long as the fabric is prepared for printing and you let the ink set and really dry( cure) then heat set they should be ok= either use PFD fabric (prepared for dyeing) or prewash fabric---no fabric softener- there are a couple different products on the market- like bubble jet set--
that can be used- but i've done fine with washed muslin (no fabric softeners= no starch- no additives...
adhere to the freezer paper= make sure the edges are very well stuck- so your fabric does not come loose and roll up in the printer!
let them cure---heat set= rinse with cold water===expect some ink to run through= there is always excess- the picture should still be clear though.