Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
problems with downloading embroidery/quilting patterns >

problems with downloading embroidery/quilting patterns

problems with downloading embroidery/quilting patterns

Old 04-18-2015, 05:10 AM

The problem is the size of the stick, as Cari-in-Oly says.
Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
How long did you wait? That is a very large drive. It could be that the machine just hadn't found the designs yet. I don't use anything larger than 4MB in my machines and sometimes it takes a minute to find and read my designs.

Cari
Old 04-19-2015, 02:40 AM

I didn't find any size information in my sewing machine manual so I contacted Bernina USA. They recommend USB sticks no larger than 2GB! Spent all day Saturday shopping for 2GB USB sticks. One would think I sprouted two heads! All store clerks thought I was crazy - which might be true, but the smallest USB sticks most stores carry are 8GB. Just ordered 5 USB sticks on line (which was all the store I was dealing with had)! Should be in later this week.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zinda View Post
I didn't find any size information in my sewing machine manual so I contacted Bernina USA. They recommend USB sticks no larger than 2GB! Spent all day Saturday shopping for 2GB USB sticks. One would think I sprouted two heads! All store clerks thought I was crazy -
I did the same thing with the same reactions. I ordered mine from Amazon. 4GB. Unlike most here I don't like adding/deleting/adding/deleting all the time. I have a slew of designs I use a lot especially during football season so need them handy all the time. It does take a minute to find what I need sometimes but I haven't yet put so many designs on my sticks that the machine won't read them all.

Cari
Old 04-19-2015, 05:01 PM

Brewer carries some 2GB usb sticks, that we carry in our store just for the embroidery machines. Most quilt shops and sewing machine stores order supplies from Brewer. So the person who orders for the store should be able to get one for you from Brewer. Here are the part #'s: E10202, E10205, E10211 and E10215.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:14 PM

My guess is when you did the reformat on your computer that is the problem. Every time I put my thumb drive into my computer it asks me to re-format and my dealer said never to do that or the machine will not be able to read it. My machine came with a thumb drive and I believe it is 1 GB. Told my dealer that I would need a lot more and he said he has seen them hold over 10,000 designs. I know I have at least 500 and it shows it is not even at 2% yet. I have backed up all my designs on another thumb drive and I can store all my stuff there and on my machine so if the one for my machine gets too full then I can remove items without concern.

Also, so that I can find my designs easier I do make folders. My dealer recommended that when I first got my machine and at first I thought I would ever have that many designs. Now I am so glad I do it.