I'm finally getting started on the Ninja Star quilt. I finished a couple of test blocks (I'll post pictures of them later). I kind of run into a couple problems.
1. My blocks are supposed to be 8 1/2", but they're coming out to 8 3/8". I'm not sure why. My seams are coming out right.
2. My cardboard templates are already wearing out. I have another print-out of the templates and enough cardboard to do another set, but I don't think they'll last through the 500+ pieces of this quilt. I was thinking of maybe going to the hardware stores and getting Plexi-glass templates cut out, but when I asked my mom about prices she told me it would cost an arm and a leg.