Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire >

Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire

Psychedelic 4 Patch Paisley lost in a fire

Old 02-25-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Good thing no one was hurt and that you have found the fabric to make another quilt. I think I would wipe away a few tears on the loss of that great quilt though.
Thanks for the great quilt comment. I really, really loved how it turned out. You should have seen her face when I gave it to her. She loved everything about it (she picked the pattern and the fabrics). She knew that I had a hard time coming up with even a half yard of fabric to do the pillowcase. She and her brother also lost the graduation memory quilts that I made for them. I can duplicate the picture in the middle, but not all of the best wishes from everyone.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:36 PM

I loved the photo of the original: so glad that you were able to replace it with a lookalike.

Speaking of photos: this is a good time to remind all of us of the importance of keeping our photos safe! Especially old ones of our dearly departed. Do high quality scans if you don't have the negatives and keep them in a safe deposit box or in "cloud storage". Digital photos can easily be stored in cloud backup every time you download from your camera.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:30 AM

This is a good example of why we should take notes. I take a picture but notes, not so much. If I do I normally cannot find them. This is a good lesson to learn. Thanks
Old 02-26-2015, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
Wonderful of you to duplicate the quilt for her. Sorry for the fire but happy no one was hurt or worse!
Same feelings here. I'm sure there will be even more love in this one. Glad you could find most of the same fabrics.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

I'm happy to hear that they only lost stuff, however, I can't begin to imagine the devastation they are feeling to lose everything. I'm glad that you were able to find the paisley fabric for the quilt, and if only 1 or 2 fabrics are different, I think she will understand and just be happy you recreated the quilt for her.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 PM

So sorry to hear of your daughters' loss, however it is a good thing you were able to locate most of the same fabric, and can make a close duplicate of her original. I believe she will be so pleased with her new one, it will give her back some comfort she felt with the first one. So thankful no one was hurt and of course it will be a new beginning for her.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:44 PM

I'll bet your heart stopped for a second when you heard about the fire. I'm so glad no one was hurt. I'm also glad you were able to locate the fabric to recreate the quilt. Good luck.

Leslie
Old 02-26-2015, 11:48 PM

Every stitch that you put in the replacement quilt will come back to you as blessings for your kindness and great heart. I have never had a house fire (knock on wood) but DH has. To this day he can't talk about it without remembering that he thought his mother's hand sewn quilt was gone. Six years ago, while visiting his sister, he ran across the room when we arrived and grabbed an old very well used quilt, and turned the stink eye on his sister and asked "How did you get this? How did you get this?" It was the "burned" quilt! His sister had visited his home shortly before the fire, and his then wife, had let her use it to keep the kids warm on the car ride home! It now hangs on the wall in his office. He calls it his security blanket. Your lovely quilt will help her heal. I am so thankful that it was only stuff.
She made the quilt in the seventies and the colors are just loud. Very loud. She tied it with orange acrylic yarn.

Last edited by madamekelly; 02-26-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

sorryfor the loss of such a beautiful piece. You are a real trooper to recreate it
Old 02-27-2015, 05:55 PM

Thank God only stuff was lost. A replacement quilt will help in more ways then you can imagine.