Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: To purchase or not to purchase?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries

To purchase or not to purchase?

Has anyone ever purchased or used the Sidewinder bobbin threader? Nancy's Notions has one in her recent catalog on sale. I have been thinking about getting one. Would like to know the pro's and con's. I don't want to spend the money and then find out that it doesn't work as advertised. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

I bought one a long time ago. It is sitting in the box on a shelf. Have rarely used it.

I love mine and use it all the time.

Yes, yes, and yes! I love it.
    Quilting is definitely not for the faint of heart.

I purchased mine about 7 years ago. I use it only to wind my bobbins when I long-arm. The one that came with the machine was hard to wind....so someone suggested using the side winder. I love it for that purpose and it's still winding after 7 years. Find it on sale and you'll be happy. I think I paid about $20.00 for it back then.

I bought mine about five years ago and then bought one for my sister. I love it. I can sit in front of the TV and fill bobbins and I don't have to fiddle with my machine if I need a bobbin in the middle of something.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

I have one and liked using it. But I remember someone saying it is not for all machines. I have used it for my Singer 15-91 and my Janome MC6600P. I have not tried it for my Viking or my FW. I am sure it would work for the FW, I just haven't tried it.

I love mine. I bought with a 50% off coupon at Joann's. Pro - convenient to use. Con - doesn't fill my bobbins all the way.

I had one gifted to me but, I didn't like it at all. Went to the thrift shop.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Like mine a lot I took the top off and put a heavy weight inside on the bottom. Lots of room in there. It isn't top heavy and top over like it use to. There is a tension control knob on it.
    I love my life!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast