Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Q Snap Quilting frame advice Please

Q Snap Quilting frame advice Please

I just ordered the standing Q Snap frame since I hand quiilt everything. I put it together last night and plan on using it today. As I look at the size of this, I am wondering how you work with it if you are doing a back and forth pattern, such as Baptist Fans? I am used to using the hand-held frames. It would be nice to have such a large work surface, but now I am wondering if it is going to be too large anb bulky to make it any easier...I do not have a large area to set it up in...Any ideas that I am missing here???

I have not used mine in a long time, but it was small and light enough I could slide it through the door into another room when I didn't want it to be seen. I pin basted my quilt (even though it said that was not needed), started in the middle, and repositioned as needed, removing the pins when needed.
    I like to ride my bicycle
    I like to ride my bike ...

I gave mine away because I really can only hand quilt in one direction nicely.

Blog Entries
    I bought one because I am embarking on my first hand quilting project - a queen size Double Wedding Ring. I found it too large and too cumbersome to use. I recently picked up a smaller round floor loom at a garage sale and it is working much better for me. I too don't have the room for the Q snap when it is set up. I will be finding it a new home eventually!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I am finding that I am having trouble quilting back and forth..Thinking of returning it....Not worth it for the little I think I will be able to use it for...I too can't quilt backwards neatly without skipping the thimble, and I am not a fan of Pain!!

Blog Entries
    I have a Grace 14-inch hoop floor stand frame and really like it. I can rotate the hoop in any direction.

Blog Entries
    I just turned the whole frame in the direction I needed, it's lightweight and easy to turn, or moved my chair to the side I wanted to quilt in one direction. The Qsnap floor frame was my first floor frame. I use it more for basting now as I don't hand quilt much at all anymore. The tilting leg is a necessity for it for me.
    Got fabric?

I wanted one mainly for basting and also for hand quilting when I do have something I want to hand sew. My dh is someday going to make one for me.

Blog Entries
    I gave my Q-snap floor frame away. Used it for one quilt, but it was too hard on my back. What works better for me, for hand quilting, is my lap hoop with the swivel ball. I can adjust it in any direction so that I am always sewing in the direction that is easiest for me. But, I'm not sure these are still sold. Keepsake Quilting used to carry them, but not anymore. The swivel ball lap hoops are *much* better than the stationary lap hoops (the kind with 3 pillars), in my opinion, because there is nothing that interferes with the underneath hand (and they are much more adjustable).

Quote Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
    I gave my Q-snap floor frame away. Used it for one quilt, but it was too hard on my back. What works better for me, for hand quilting, is my lap hoop with the swivel ball. I can adjust it in any direction so that I am always sewing in the direction that is easiest for me. But, I'm not sure these are still sold. Keepsake Quilting used to carry them, but not anymore. The swivel ball lap hoops are *much* better than the stationary lap hoops (the kind with 3 pillars), in my opinion, because there is nothing that interferes with the underneath hand (and they are much more adjustable).
    Is this the one you are talking about?? http://www.joann.com/grace-polypro-s...hoop/prd17708/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast