Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quality of Juki? >

Quality of Juki?

Quality of Juki?

Old 11-25-2012, 03:33 PM

I've tried out the various brands and just didn't like the Innova (I'm sure it's great for others, just not for me). I've used a Gammill multiple times and while it was nice, it also wasn't right for me. As far as a used machine, I've watched various sites for several months and didn't see anything that was enough of a savings to make it worth not having local dealer support. I know many people say they get great phone support from various companies, but I want a dealer who I know well enough that I would stop and talk with them if I ran into them at the grocery store. It's a lot of money to spend and I need the extra security of knowing who I'm working with.

That's interesting about the scissors/cut off not necessarily being a good thing. I'll have to see how it works for myself. I do not intend to buy any machine without trying it out thoroughly, but I'm one who likes to gather as much information as possible before making a big purchase.

I still haven't completely ruled out 2 other brands, although they do cost more. Both are also sold through local dealers that I know well. It's a big decision for sure.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:40 PM

Oh, and the computer isn't part of the Juki package, but my dealer would add it to the machine and include it in his package cost. Apparently it's compatible with other machines. It's the one that's sold with Tin Lizzie/Pfaff/Viking. I've used it multiple times so I'm already rather familiar with it, which adds to my comfort level.

The other machines I've considered are the Pfaff Power Quilter P3, which is made by Tin Lizzie and the BL Crown Jewel, which is the equivalent of the HQ Avante. Both cost somewhat more and neither has the additional take up bar, but I do like both machines.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Hi,
I purchased the Juki Virtuoso Pro Longarm and bought the software program with it. I love the thread cutter and the take up bar in the back. It holds the quilt exactly where it needs to be. The thread cutter does leave a small 1/8 inch thread on the back. I just snip them when I get done, no problem to me. I have had a few problems but the data cable was defective, when it was replaced everything worked great. I have a home quilting business and am making t-shirt quilts and everything else with no problems. I have used this machine and I am not sorry that I purchased it. I would be glad to try to answer any questions you have. It is an easy machine to use. The software program is lacking on good quilting patterns, it has a lot to choose from, but, I think they could be a lot better. You can import other patterns if you want. I have not used the software as much as I would like.