Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Accuquilt Cutters >

Question about Accuquilt Cutters

Question about Accuquilt Cutters

Old 05-01-2011, 08:36 AM

Does anyone use an Accuquilt cutter? I am interested in purchasing one, but do not know if the regular size or the Go Baby size would be the best purchase. My space is somewhat limited, but I don't want to buy the Baby if it doesn't do a good job. Any advise?
Thanks
Old 05-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

It depends on how much cutting you are going to do. the Baby may be too small for you Check to see what dies work. The Go is not much larger and most likely will give you more flexibility. One die you may want to check out is the 2.5" strip cutter. I believe the GO will accommodate that one and the Baby might not. There is a yahoo group devoted to the accuquilt system. Lots of good information there. And...purchasing one depends on how you will use it. You can really become addicted to getting dies.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

I have the Go and the Go Baby. The smaller dies can be used for the Baby and all of them will fit the Go. Someone will post the dies are too expensive, the mats wear out fast, and too much fabric waste. I took all that in consideration for about five seconds before I ordered the Go three years ago. I pre ordered the Go Baby as soon as it was ready.
I have 1/4" fabric waste, the dies are always on sale somewhere on line and the mats cost less then a rotary blade and I'm still using the original mats that I bought 3 years ago. I don't use the same mat for every cut so not cutting in the same spot and they last a long time. I cut card stock with my dies too, for templates, still sharp as ever.

There are many die cut machine on the market now, some electric. I have tried many of the brands and will stick with my Go, it's easy and does a great job for me.