Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Accuquilt fabric cutters >

Accuquilt fabric cutters

Accuquilt fabric cutters

Old 07-28-2011, 07:09 AM

I'm toying with the idea of buying a fabric cutter..which I dont know anything about...but I think I want one. Can anyone give me some feedback on what they would recommend. I only know of the Accuquilt cutters, and what I know about those you can put in a thimble. Any and all help is appreciated. I'm just a novice quilter but I hate the cutting part that's why I think I would like this new toy.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 AM

If you do a search here using the search feature above you'lll have a ton of threads to read through.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:30 AM

Thanks I'll check that out...!!!
Originally Posted by Candace
If you do a search here using the search feature above you'lll have a ton of threads to read through.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:42 AM

I have a Go by Accuquilt and I like it a lot for many reasons. You have to look into the ones that are available, decide which will be best for you, and of course, price may be a consideration and space you have available-some need a dedicated spot and some are more portable.....see if you can contact someone near you who has one and try it.....they are amazing, but, don't throw your rotary cutter and mat away.....try to get proficient at cutting that way too...not all things can be die cut........
Old 07-28-2011, 08:00 AM

make sure you check into the price of the templates for each shape. I had a paper cutter for scrapbooking, and it ended up being too expensive to buy additional templates, so it has been sitting in the basement. I'm tight with my money!

Unless you are going to cut the same shape and size all the time this can be expensive
Old 07-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Thank you both for the suggestions...all are greatly appreciated. I will follow your advice!! Thanks!
Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 PM

I sold my accuquilt go and got the sizzix big shot pro westminster. The westminster one (the one w/ all the big accessories) is on sale for $232 at overstock.com. It takes all brands of dies. The only down side is that it is heavy and not portable.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM

Gale, thank you for that info. I don't need to move mine once I comes to my house, so big isn't a problem. I just want something that will cut fabric when I want to cut and not something that will break in a month. I will look on overstock.com!!!