Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: question about chenelle

Banned
    from a friend who wants to make cute toy -lambs

Question have you sewed with chenille before? Do I use a different needle with chenille?

Do I wash it before I sew with it?

If you are using pre made chenelle strips DO NOT WASH FIRST.

Stitch on stitching line of chenelle strip. Mist chenelle strip and brush it to make it bloom.

Hope this helps.

You should always prewash chenille (except for strips, as mentioned, which I think are just a trim). Wash and dry it thoroughly. It is very linty and shrinks. While sewing, use a regular sharp needle and cotton thread and be sure to stop frequently to clean out your machine. Because it's so dry and linty, you can use canned air instead of a brush and tweezers.

I totally agree with cathe regarding the chenille... Sometimes I will stitch around the sides to prevent some of the raval. Keep a can of air handy. I use it to clean off the whole machine area after sewing. I also take the fabric outside and give it a good shake.( the birds in the area love me) Sharp needle, size 14 or 16. Have fun...