Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Question about half square triangles

I bought a Dritz half-inch ruler that is pretty much for the same thing - is wonderful for marking the sewing line down the diagonal of a square being turned into half square triangles. I found mine at Hancock's on the sewing notions wall, at about half the price of the Quick Quarter.

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/Super-...VVviewprod.htm

Way to much work to make one at a time and all that measuring. I prefer Quilt in a Day method for 8 at a time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    Way to much work to make one at a time and all that measuring. I prefer Quilt in a Day method for 8 at a time.
    how is that done?

http://quiltinaday.com
    Go to the tutorials on rulers and watch the video. It is in the television and video section.
    You can do it without the ruler but it is so much faster with it. The ruler is at Joanns so get it with a coupon.
    The ruler comes with instructions for all sizes up to 6 1/2 inches. It also has instructions for quarter triangles.
    Basically you set the line for the size HST you want on the stitching line and make one cut.
    Best part they are perfect every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    http://quiltinaday.com
    Go to the tutorials on rulers and watch the video. It is in the television and video section.
    You can do it without the ruler but it is so much faster with it. The ruler is at Joanns so get it with a coupon.
    The ruler comes with instructions for all sizes up to 6 1/2 inches. It also has instructions for quarter triangles.
    Basically you set the line for the size HST you want on the stitching line and make one cut.
    Best part they are perfect every time.
    I went to the website, but can't find that durn tutorial. Can you help me?

http://www.quiltinaday/television/
    For some reason it is not working. You need to go to the television and video section on the website. It is in the brown line that goes across the screen.

Ok, I got that far, but don't see anything indicating where the tutorial on rulers is. I found several tut's on specifc rulers, which one do I want? Sorry so dull!

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    I went and looked at my local JoAnns - but couldn't find the ruler. Any suggestions as to where it is located in the store?
    Thanks

At our local Joann's the ruler is in the Fons & Porter notions section-it's a separate area from all the other notions. All the F&P gadgets are in one place. Don't know if your Joanne's does this but maybe ask a salesperson if they know (or not LOL).

Senior Member raspberryparade09's Avatar
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast